A&H

Open Age 2nd game abandoned

Phonesurgeon

Cook, Cleaner and Bottle Washer
Level 7 Referee
It was only couple of weeks ago i had my first game abandoned, and last saturday had my 2nd.

I had both team before and i was expecting a good football game, strongly but fairly contested.
And the away team manager and assistant, started to give me grief from 3rd minute in. And their antics became louder and more personal. 7th minutes in second half i walked them both, they do go, but came back again and started where they left off.
Play stopped to deal with a dogso, and they both are on the field shouting abuse, one of those was implying that i should go and have sex with myself....
enough was enough and i blew whistle, think they heard me across in the next postcode, and shouted match abandoned.
Then the manager gave me an insight of his wisdom: when i asked him about what the FA Respect Code meant... He said you have to earn our respect first.
Multiple misconduct sent, let CFA sort them out.

The Referee Store
So when you sent them from the dugout/technical area, they then came back to the same place to yell more abuse? then entered the FOP.
Out of interest, what sort of ban would the manager and the assistant be looking at? I'm thinking it would be a few months to possibly the rest of the season??

Wow, some people can't help themselves. Getting sent off is one thing, but being stupid enough to come back and not hide away quietly in a corner! I know leagues tend to come down strongly on anyone who personally causes a match to be abandoned, so I would be shocked if we weren't talking multiple months at the very least.

It does sound like you did the right thing - my only question is how long was the gap between you noticing they'd returned and the DOGSO that resulted in abandonment? Given how unusual the situation is, it's harsh to even discuss this, but do you think there was an opportunity for you to go over to them and send them away again before the flashpoint of a red card to a player occurred?

If I were the OP of this thread I would remove it at least until the ink was dry on the misconduct charges which will be raised by the County FA

It was only couple of weeks ago i had my first game abandoned, and last saturday had my 2nd.

I had both team before and i was expecting a good football game, strongly but fairly contested.
And the away team manager and assistant, started to give me grief from 3rd minute in. And their antics became louder and more personal. 7th minutes in second half i walked them both, they do go, but came back again and started where they left off.
Play stopped to deal with a dogso, and they both are on the field shouting abuse, one of those was implying that i should go and have sex with myself....
enough was enough and i blew whistle, think they heard me across in the next postcode, and shouted match abandoned.
Then the manager gave me an insight of his wisdom: when i asked him about what the FA Respect Code meant... He said you have to earn our respect first.
Multiple misconduct sent, let CFA sort them out.
Well done! exactly what i would have done ......

Not likely I'm afraid, more likely to be 2 or 3 games or at most a month.
@RustyRef - i think it will longer, since they have the double - dismissal, then the extra misconduct report.

I think it could be 4 weeks for each offence, then more if they have previous.

@RustyRef - i think it will longer, since they have the double - dismissal, then the extra misconduct report.

I think it could be 4 weeks for each offence, then more if they have previous.

Not so sure, my experience is that managers and coaches often get off much lighter than a player would do if they had been found guilty of the same offence.

Back