A&H

7-6 Promotion LOTG test

Viridis1886

That doesn't matter. It's still a foul!
Level 5 Referee
Has anyone done the new assessment?

I need to do mine, but not sure what the format of the actual online assessment is. Are there any dummy ones out there or do you just need to go straight into it blind?

The Referee Store
I did it a month or 2 ago. It was a multiple choice questionnaire - around 20 or so questions. Much easier than I expected, to be honest.

I'd love a dummy test !
I do ‘t know anything about the particular test you’re taking. I do have a practice LOTG test/study guide that I created for advancing AYSO referees to study for the more challenging tests as they progressed. I’d be happy to share it if you—PM me with an email address if you’re interested. (I’d rather not post it, but will share with anyone who asks.)

The key thing is to take any common sense you have picked up whilst refereeing and eject it from your brain for the duration of the exam. The answers will always be what you should do, not what you might do. As an example, there used to be a question along the lines of a player takes a throw-in from 10 metres closer to his own goal than where it left the field of play. Allow play to continue and have it retaken from the correct place were available answers, and a large percentage of referees would do one of those two things in games. But the actual answer is of course stop play and award the throw-in to the opponents.

It’s very basic law, no trick questions, so any qualified referee should sail through without the need for a dummy test.
Relax and go for it.
I got annoyed with myself for getting one wrong!! I didn’t read the question properly. As a teacher, I am such a hypocrite!!

I got annoyed with myself for getting one wrong!! I didn’t read the question properly. As a teacher, I am such a hypocrite!!
This really is the best advice.
Don't just read the question, understand what it is asking.
I try to break the question down into, what is the offence, who has committed it, and who have they committed it against, which should help you land in the right place.

This really is the best advice.
Don't just read the question, understand what it is asking.
I try to break the question down into, what is the offence, who has committed it, and who have they committed it against, which should help you land in the right place.
Absolutely. The questions usually relate to what is the offence / sanction / restart… and all the bits in between.

Back