A&H

A new competition for me

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
FA Sunday Cup - never heard of it so had to look it up.

Nationwide competition founded in 1964 for amateur teams (open age).

Final last year was at Crystal Palace FC, although my first round tie (As AR) on Sunday is a long way from that!

Anyone else been on this competition?

The Referee Store
Ive had a line once yeah, top Sunday clubs up here enter it. Good tournament and good appointment! Well done.

I was AR on a third round match last season, involving last year's beaten finalists. We've had the odd team from down here enter over the last few seasons - they're usually predominantly supply league players, with a couple of contrib players as well, so it can be a pretty decent standard of football (and can be pretty challenging to control if they play up)!

I was privileged enough to be on a quarter-final of this a few years ago, a Middlesex team against a team from Northumberland. Think it was a level 2 in the middle and the other three officials were all level 3 if I recall correctly.

Had appointments in this competition for about 5 years on the trot. Used to have very strong representation from Liverpool and the NE. Some tough games mainly because of the speccys and technical areas.

I've actually played in this cup, got to the 3rd round twice.

I'm based in the West Midlands before we go any further.

First time, we got knocked out in 3rd round after travelling all the way to Boston! Was a great experience though.

Second time, we knocked out the team above that I got to the 3rd round with before, that was tasty to say the least. So with my new team we ended up playing a team in Leicester. Lost again.

Loved it though, although I must state that I heard a lot of teams play different 11's to what they usually do. (For the record, neither of my teams did.)

Cheers guys for the info.

I got the appointment by accident really!

Was "chatting" to appointments officer on email about my match last weekend (score had been returned incorrectly by club(s)) and said I was planning to have this Sunday off, "unless anything came up last minute"

Lo & behold , next day, he emailed me, saying he had a late pull out and could I help him out.

I'll let you know Monday if this was a good thing or not - although I'll be "junior" AR so away from the benches - just the spectators to deal with!

Back