A&H

Another one bits the dust

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
For various reasons(mostly weather) not been out since just before Christmas, had a Ryman U18 line tonight, but called off at 3.30pm.

But from Sunday until end of Feb I have 9 appointments, lets see how many I actually end up doing!

The Referee Store
I had my latest military game canned yesterday. Playing on Saturday then have an U16's game on Sunday... U16 girls County game next week aswell hopefully. We've been very unlucky. In the last 6 weeks, I've played one game and reffed just the one... Thats 10 referee appointments and 6 games! Hate the weather

Here in E.London/Essex the big issue is the timing of the rain. For the past two weekends it has rain heavily overnight on Friday into Saturday, and the same thing is forecast this weekend. It then is fairly dry Sun to Thurs, so massively frustrating.

I've lost my last 3 games, and am expecting the same this weekend. I appreciate my colleagues in the West and North of the U.K. have worse to deal with of course.

Just had email Sunday's match cancelled.... now waiting for Saturday's match ??????????????
Oh WTF just got email Saturday's matched cancelled too waterlogged pitch.

Last edited:
I've just picked up a line on Sunday, whether the weather (hey that ryhmes) will allow it to go ahead is another matter.

My game is on at the moment, but it is raining hard and more is forecast. Not been to the ground where my fixture is tomorrow so don't know how likely it is I will be in the gym rather than running around in the rain.

My game is still on, but heavy overnight rain in South London.
All depends on whether the groundsman wants his pitch wrecked or not!!

Back