A&H

Junior/Youth Anything other than 11 a side

Degnann

As incompetent as the last ref
Level 4 Referee
Apologies, if this has been discussed prior.
Been asked to do a 9v9 game on the return of football.

Is there major differences I should be aware of?

Can't see things like yardage at FKs etc.

Have found this from the SYFA but it appears different from my English couterparts.

SYFA 9V9

The Referee Store
Apologies, if this has been discussed prior.
Been asked to do a 9v9 game on the return of football.

Is there major differences I should be aware of?

Can't see things like yardage at FKs etc.

Have found this from the SYFA but it appears different from my English couterparts.

SYFA 9V9
For England the rules and laws for 9 v 9 are in the online FA Handbook - hope that helps.

For England the rules and laws for 9 v 9 are in the online FA Handbook - hope that helps.
Edit : seem to have found stuff relating to 2018. It’ll no doubt be the same stuff, 7 yards etc.
Thanks

Last edited:
The English FA rules for 2020-2021 are unchanged from the 2018 version you have found. The SFA site shows the options only as 7 v 7 up to age 12 then 11 v 11, so you should check that the competition is registered and approved, in which case it must have competition rules available for you.

The English FA rules for 2020-2021 are unchanged from the 2018 version you have found. The SFA site shows the options only as 7 v 7 up to age 12 then 11 v 11, so you should check that the competition is registered and approved, in which case it must have competition rules available for you.
The joys of the SFA. 9v9 is definitely a thing here. See attached link in first post.

actually reading that link again it seems to answer my own question. Smashing

Back