A&H

AR Flags

YorkshireReferee

I'm currently in the market for some non-electronic AR flags that are suitable to give to neutral assistants, does anybody have any suggestions? I had a look on eBay and they're all the poor foam handled ones.

The Referee Store
Touchline flags from A&H: http://www.referee-equipment.co.uk/Catalogue/Flags/Touchline-Flags/TLINE-Full-Set---Premier-FSB-PL

For me, the best non buzzer type available.

Some like the older, rubber handled version. You cannot buy them new any more but they do crop up on eBay etc from time to time. In my personal opinion they are no where near as good as the new type but others disagree and love them.

Those were the type that first came to mind. It's a shame that they're not available anymore as when I've assisted on supply before those are the ones that I as an AR prefer to use.

Rubber handled are far better than the newer ones /oldskool

I have both sets (if memory serves, I have Ross's old set via Dan?) and I prefer the rubber handles.

The plastic ones feel a bit light weight in comparison.

I have both sets (if memory serves, I have Ross's old set via Dan?) and I prefer the rubber handles.

The plastic ones feel a bit light weight in comparison.

I once referred to the plastic ones as 'fake buzzers' since they seem to be designed to have the appearance of electronic flags but without the functionality. When I've operated as an AR, I do much prefer the ones with the red/yellow rubber handles.

Definitely go for the touchline ones, personally I prefer the new ones without the rubber handles... But each to their own

Reactions: es1
I used the ones with the red/yellow handles running the line last week, and the new style the week before, and I prefer the new style ones.

Yeah, I have a set of the new style ones that look like they should be electronic - they've had much more use out of CAR's than by myself unfortunately, but still in a very good state.

I'd advise buying a pack of spare "tops" though, as some people just can't help but fiddle with them. I usually make them run around like a wally holding a handle-less flag for the rest of the match when they lose/break that part, then stick on a new topper between matches.

Yeah, I have a set of the new style ones that look like they should be electronic - they've had much more use out of CAR's than by myself unfortunately, but still in a very good state.

I'd advise buying a pack of spare "tops" though, as some people just can't help but fiddle with them. I usually make them run around like a wally holding a handle-less flag for the rest of the match when they lose/break that part, then stick on a new topper between matches.

Given the lack of options, these are probably what I'll get, however CAR's aren't going anywhere near them.

Back