A&H

Aston Villa v Fulham

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
VAR penalty review.

I agree that the Watkins one given was not a foul but the one a second earlier, was that a foul or not?

The Referee Store
I thought he went down a little easy and it wasn't a clear and obvious error not to award the penalty. Thought the VAR process for the second one was a very good example of VAR working well

I thought he went down a little easy and it wasn't a clear and obvious error not to award the penalty. Thought the VAR process for the second one was a very good example of VAR working well

My thoughts exactly, mcginn looking for it, no foul despite some contact

My thoughts exactly, mcginn looking for it, no foul despite some contact

My view as well, the first one would be way too soft. I can see why he gave the second for the tackle by Lemina, but with the benefit of hindsight it was a clear and obvious error so Rob Jones did well to tell Andy Madley to go and have a look on the monitor. The right outcome reached for me.

Must admit, if I was the VAR, I'd have let this PK stand. It wasn't C&O when trying to determine who made contact with what, but my tunnel vision on that consideration meant I failed to take into account the direction imparted on the ball
Given that everyone ultimately agrees this was a mistake by the R, I guess that defines it as C&O

Back