A&H

Austria v Scotlabd

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
2nd minute of additional time...

Cross by Austria into the box.
Whilst ball is in the air, the Scottish player uses his outstretched arm and hits the attacker in the neck to stop him from getting the ball, I feel its a foul anywhere else so why not here but on top of that, the ball falls straight onto the said outstretched arm of the defender who at the same time hit the Austrian in the neck - surely this is making the body unnaturally bigger?

The Referee Store
Well, his arm was in the natural position for hitting an opponent, right? :rofl:

More seriously, do you have a video clip? We all know that--laws be damned--the foul standard on a defender in the PA is in practice higher than elsewhere on the field. And if the R doesn't have a foul on the contact you see, he probably also thinks the position is natural for the jumping motion of the players such that it doesn't warrant a handball.

Well, his arm was in the natural position for hitting an opponent, right? :rofl:

More seriously, do you have a video clip? We all know that--laws be damned--the foul standard on a defender in the PA is in practice higher than elsewhere on the field. And if the R doesn't have a foul on the contact you see, he probably also thinks the position is natural for the jumping motion of the players such that it doesn't warrant a handball.
Unfortunately not yet. Wrote it just as whistle went for half time. Only watched 5 minutes as was at work. The penalty incident I've just seen, the guy literally pulls him down, no attempt at the ball, already on a yellow (and half time replays to me would be orange) and escapes a second yellow.
I'll find a clip though.

Back