A&H

Best Game

The Referee Store
Any one of those where I was asked to officiate because they needed someone strong enough to manage two teams with 'history'...........not that there was ever much trouble........

4th official on a televised FA Cup game, but the referee went lame so I ended up in the middle for the last 30 minutes. Actually did loads of televised games, and they are great experience as you see how it works at higher levels (floor managers, really strict timescales, etc).

Lots of big games whilst at level 3 that will stick in the memory. A local West London derby with a huge crowd, although unfortunately this will stay in the memory more because I had one of those games where I couldn't seem to get anything right and had a total nightmare. Also Concord Rangers vs Billericay Town - without doubt the hardest game I ever had to referee and it got a huge amount of press coverage. One of those where all three of us got back in the car at 10:30pm and just sighed a huge breath of relief that we could go home.

Now I'm back at level 5 I do get the odd "problem" game to deal with, where one or both teams have misbehaved or the last time they played all hell kicked off. Thankfully, touch wood, so far these have been easy with no issues at all

Back