A&H

Buzzer Flags - But What Ones

Smudger

Level 3 Referee
I know there may be plenty of threads out there and this one may get shut down but I'm going to ask the question anyway...

I'm looking to purchase some buzzer flags over the summer for my first year at level 4. I currently have the refscall ones which are pretty unreliable tbh. There seems to be a choice between Touchline or Ervocom - What are people's preferences?

The Referee Store
Personally I prefer the ervocom. Not just because I sell them but mainly because I find the flag more comfortable to hold, and I prefer the receiver. Just felt more comfortable to wear.
I kept struggling to find the button on the touch line flags.

Everyone has a preference, I'd perhaps think about delaying your purchase as you will more than likely be out with colleagues who have them so you can get a feel for what works for you

Personally I prefer the ervocom. Not just because I sell them but mainly because I find the flag more comfortable to hold, and I prefer the receiver. Just felt more comfortable to wear.
I kept struggling to find the button on the touch line flags.

Everyone has a preference, I'd perhaps think about delaying your purchase as you will more than likely be out with colleagues who have them so you can get a feel for what works for you

Cheers Ross
I have been out with a few refs who have touchline and I liked that you could press the button on either side of the handle (with finger or thumb)

I am yet to go out with a referee who has used Ervocom although the write ups online are pretty good

I would recommend touchline flags Smudger - they seem to be the norm. Likewise, they are reliable, high quality, and do the job well.

Even so, that when Mark Clatenburg was offered Evrocoms for the Euros, he refused and requested use of his touchlines.

I've used all the various sets. Touchline are my favourite, and the set I currently own. They have so far gone four full seasons without issue.

Hi guys,
I'm just saying England is about the only country in the world where touchline is the normal preferred option. Most of the rest of the world use evrocoms as standard. I prefer evrocomms as a ar . Just feels a lot more comfortable in hand .

If most of your colleagues are used to Touchline, might be best to grab Touchline so that there is no "learning curve".

Back