A&H

Celtic v Astana

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a disgraceful lapse in sense by the referee and condoned in your argument. Let's just say the goal was 30 seconds later, 60 seconds.... when does two lives in potential jeopody rise above the importance of a few Jocks on the P1ss in the next round... give your head a shake Milley....

And it was less than 6 seconds, am quite sure referee would have stopped play had it not turned out to be the goal scoring advantage that it was.

The Referee Store
Where’s the advantage to players in need of prompt even life threatening medical attention? How would you know? Poor call at any level...

BTW, I’m 25% Scottish so I’m calling myself a Jock too.....When did the cotton wool get passed out....

The referee should have stopped play. At the clash of heads the ball is 45 yards from goal. There were two players down, prone.
The talk about the potential importance of the goal I think is irrelevant. If the referee had stopped play no one would be talking about a ghost goal or a goal that wasn't.

Perhaps the most telling thing I see on the video is that, when the final through ball is played, the AR is 5m behind the play. Obviously I am not a mind reader, but I'll wager the AR is behind the play as he/she is/was expecting play to be stopped. It also raises the question of whether the scorer was offside - the TV angle is inconclusive and the AR was poorly positioned.

I am a bit shocked. Every referee in the world should be stopping play the instant there is a clash of heads and two players are lying prone IMHO of course

The referee should have stopped play. At the clash of heads the ball is 45 yards from goal. There were two players down, prone.
The talk about the potential importance of the goal I think is irrelevant. If the referee had stopped play no one would be talking about a ghost goal or a goal that wasn't.

Well said!

There were at least 5 recorded deaths last year (2016) on the football pitch, several more recorded in training and certainly many, many more incidents of serious injuries. It's appears to be very foolish indeed for a referee to ignore a player injured in such a manner for the sake of an advantage. Every second counts.

This was a foul, advantage, goal,then caution?

Ok, I've watched it again and I'll agree with the foul and probably the caution. But I would still stop play every time for that type of head clash and not consider advantage.

In fairness to the referee, he did play advantage as he subsequently cautioned the Astana player at the stoppage following the goal.

However, I would strongly suggest that in 9/10 cases like this the most sensible option is to stop play.
He cautioned the Astana player because he had a right go at him and got booked for his lip. Poor decision made worse by not realising you've messed up and you then whip your card out when someone tells you what you should have done as per the Laws of the Game....

Where’s the advantage to players in need of prompt even life threatening medical attention? How would you know? Poor call at any level...

BTW, I’m 25% Scottish so I’m calling myself a Jock too.....When did the cotton wool get passed out....
if you were more than 25 percent scottish maybe you would realise how insulting for scottish people being called a jock is

It's a term of endearment and has zero negative connotations..... geez, what's wrong with people these days.

It's a term of endearment and has zero negative connotations..... geez, what's wrong with people these days.

Your opinions of officiating are of course welcomed
This is a referee forum
Your derogatory comments about a nationality should be kept private
You have offended me, so thats already more than zero.

There were at least 5 recorded deaths last year (2016) on the football pitch, several more recorded in training and certainly many, many more incidents of serious injuries. It's appears to be very foolish indeed for a referee to ignore a player injured in such a manner for the sake of an advantage. Every second counts.

The over riding matter here is, a valid goal was scored and both players, at the point of me typing this, have not been reported as deceased. So, other than a sore head, I cant see what bad has actually occured.

All Comedians from my generation will be signing on on monday if you are so easily offended Kylie! Chin up buttercup....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back