A&H

Changing CFAs

Mulcaster

I've been refereeing for 5 years. The area I live in, in London, is covered by at least three different CFAs. I picked one when I started and regret it.

I live right on the edge of the area covered by my CFA and almost no FA related games happen near me. I haven't had a cup appointment in two seasons. The RDO has changed twice in that period. I think the new one is about 16 and has trouble with his spelling, bless him.

I have a fair amount of contact with the RDO at another CFA because nearly all the teams in the leagues I ref in are affiliated with them. He is superb.

I'd like to leave CFA A and join CFA B. I get the impression this is frowned upon. Can I move if I want to?

The Referee Store
It very much depends on who you are with and who you want to go to. If you live within 12 minutes of Charing Cross as the crow flies then that is London territory and you have to be with London, with some exceptions. One is the Amateur Football Alliance (AFA), who don't cover a geographical area and therefore you can live in that 12 mile radius and be with AFA rather than London. The others are if you are a service man or woman and a member of the Army or Navy FA.

If you are currently AFA and want to move to LFA I doubt anyone could stop you. If you are inside that radius, currently with London and wanting to move to Middlesex, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, you would find it difficult. Likewise if you are outside of the radius and wanted to move to London. There's a document on it at the link below ...

http://library.kentfa.com/filep.aspx?id=92

You can become an associate member of another association.

As long as you are a registered referee, you can also ask to be put on the database of referees so you get the 'Referee needed...' emails.

I get London and Herts notifications along with my Middlesex ones.

Back