A&H

Chelsea - Manchester United

The Referee Store
_95151863_oliver1.jpg

Hava a guess at what the Sweet FA are going to chuck at Man Utd for the misconduct... I'm plumping for £60,000 and warned as to future conduct. A few weeks off for Ashley Young too!!...Any advance on that???

The same Ashley Young that was pulling players away from the ref (and is doing so in the very picture you uploaded)? Have you even seen the incident?

hartbutt.jpg

In fairness, the FA have always clamped down on people surrounding/head butting the ref.
Remember the massive fine and suspension Hart got for this?

Oliver is a very strong ref.......
when a tough decision is to be made against Man Utd he doesn't hesitate (unless, like with Rojo, he has to admit he missed something, then he just lies)

So Oliver never fails to make a tough decision in favour of United?

Remember this.....

Why Hart wasn't dealt with for that I'll never know, but it's symptomatic of the behaviour of Oliver over the last few years. Great at making the tough decisions, but only half of the time.

I thought Oliver did incredibly well. How many more difficult games than that are to referee in this world? I thought he coped brilliantly with the systematic fouling. I thought he kept match control brilliantly. We can quibble over Hazard going down easy and some missing yellows for Valencia etc... I am not quibbling over the Rojo "stamp" - it didn't look it in real time and I want to give MO the benefit of the doubt.

I am a staunch ABU yes, but I think you are not being fair on MO here.

So Oliver never fails to make a tough decision in favour of United?

Remember this.....

Why Hart wasn't dealt with for that I'll never know, but it's symptomatic of the behaviour of Oliver over the last few years. Great at making the tough decisions, but only half of the time.

Yeah I think he went with a caution for the Fellaini elbow so couldn't revisit that (he's prob have said "no red card")
Otherwise I agree with you

I thought Oliver did incredibly well. How many more difficult games than that are to referee in this world? I thought he coped brilliantly with the systematic fouling. I thought he kept match control brilliantly. We can quibble over Hazard going down easy and some missing yellows for Valencia etc... I am not quibbling over the Rojo "stamp" - it didn't look it in real time and I want to give MO the benefit of the doubt.

I am a staunch ABU yes, but I think you are not being fair on MO here.

If we ignore the Herrera incident MO had a poor match at best.
He failed to caution Cahill, Pogba, Costa (twice), Valencia (twice, three or four if we include dissent. One of which was possibly SFP) and did nothing about a Rojo stamp I saw in real time first time round.
Don't see how anyone could could call it anything other than a very poor performance.
The only reason it didn't explode is because Man Utd's biggest hotheads, Rooney and Ibra weren't on the pitch, nothing to do with Oliver (who was almost a spectator second half) at all

If we ignore the Herrera incident MO had a poor match at best.
He failed to caution Cahill, Pogba, Costa (twice), Valencia (twice, three or four if we include dissent. One of which was possibly SFP) and did nothing about a Rojo stamp I saw in real time first time round.
Don't see how anyone could could call it anything other than a very poor performance.
The only reason it didn't explode is because Man Utd's biggest hotheads, Rooney and Ibra weren't on the pitch, nothing to do with Oliver (who was almost a spectator second half) at all
Now tell us what you really think!

Back