A&H

Citee V Foxes

The Referee Store
It's a 'referees forum' not a fans forum...the bluemoon forum will satisfy your need to vent, not that I (as a blue) necessarily agree.

It does amuse me however that the references to citee and chavski don't get changed...
But a United fan can write about an incident that the opposition say was an accident (and most on here agree), in terms that are personally offensive about a City player, that suggests as much bias as Clattenburg had toward Craig Bellamy, citing the player's previous red cards. as if Rojo shouldn't have had 3 this season (but didn't)? Same with the offsides - and I can't point out this inconsistency?

But a United fan can write about an incident that the opposition say was an accident (and most on here agree), in terms that are personally offensive about a City player, that suggests as much bias as Clattenburg had toward Craig Bellamy, citing the player's previous red cards. as if Rojo shouldn't have had 3 this season (but didn't)? Same with the offsides - and I can't point out this inconsistency?

you're not really doing it in the right way though. if you want to engage referees and supporters of other clubs in a debate about whether an anti city bias/agenda exists within referees you need to provide proof! do refs (at all levels) make mistakes, of course they do. we have had some absolute crackers go our way recently (sane v boro and mahrez pen disallowed), if there was any kind of bias against city then these decisions would not have been made. of course, you could make the argument that we had plenty go against us earlier in the season...

the media of course have their darlings and they play to the biggest audience which is why you see plenty of anti city / pep / sterling etc. articles. nowt we can do about that

can I just say as referees ourselves we should know better than saying certain referees are biased... I agree completely with @es1, we know that we make mistakes all referees will do. Whether it is down to poor positioning, wrong interpretation, etc... I sincerely doubt that any of those referees will go onto the pitch with a mindset to purposefully sabotage a team's effort in a match.

Referees are already accused of that, because that's the easy target to blame. I don't think we as referees then should do the same thing. That's not to say we shouldn't criticise them and analyse their and our performance.
But hey that's just my very personal opinion.

Yeah but @bloovee to be fair, they probably haven't got previous, whereas you have and have been warned about it.

Back