A&H

Cup Final..

The Referee Store
Offside, clearly moved towards the ball interfering with play. Keeper could easily has stopped thinking he was offside.

Great decision by Anthony Taylor for me. No infringement on the play. First point, no handball as not deliberate. Second point, not offside as no interference on the play. I agree he moves toward the ball but the keeper has a clear view and it's obvious that Sanchez is the " alive " player.

Happy with the decision to over rule the offside call. Very brave early on.

However, for me, it's handball by Sanchez, there appears to be an obvious movement of the hand/arm towards the ball. It looks almost like he punches it in real time and for that reason I dont think the goal should have stood.

Football is funny, 3 different replies from 3 different referees.

Spot on for me all round. Not handball. AR flagging is understandable. ref correct to engage in dialogue and award goal. Good team work.

Taylor has been poor.

Went too early with his first caution....then had to ignore 3 Chelsea fouls that were all worthy of cautions if consistency was being maintained.

Awful failure to spot the foul on Ozil in the immediate build up to Chelsea's first goal........Chelsea leathered Ozil round the back of the legs in his first attempt to win the ball......absolutely nothing given.

Now Taylor is going card crazy.....always knew he was a poor choice for such a big game.

If thats not active i'm a Dutchman, clearly attempts to play for the ball..Offside!!!

I also called a foul with the Ozil foul too, great point Padders!!!

Taylor has been poor.

Went too early with his first caution....then had to ignore 3 Chelsea fouls that were all worthy of cautions if consistency was being maintained.

Awful failure to spot the foul on Ozil in the immediate build up to Chelsea's first goal........Chelsea leathered Ozil round the back of the legs in his first attempt to win the ball......absolutely nothing given.

Now Taylor is going card crazy.....always knew he was a poor choice for such a big game.
Sorry but I massively disagree with you. I'll admit there are things he could have done better but the key decisions he has got spot on .

Does the ball even hit Alexis' arm? Can't really see it. Looks like it because of his arm movement, but it could come off his chest too, replay from behind the goal is missing (in footage I've seen). Seems like he raised his left arm "preventively" to avoid the ball hitting his face.

There's definitely a moment where it seems like Ramsey can and will take that shot (before he gets out of the way). Don't think this changed much for Courtois though (Ramsey's shot would basically have been at same moment/spot as Alexis' shot).

Think you can make good points for both handball/non-handball and offside/non-offside. And that's why the "no more football discussions at the pub" anti-VAR argument is nonsense. Even with VAR, lots of margin to discuss.

Last edited:
Two huge calls, got them both spot on, dont think in any of his prematch dreams he thought he awarding that goal after two mins.
Brave to send off Moses
He can be allowed misgivings in other aspects

Sorry but I massively disagree with you. I'll admit there are things he could have done better but the key decisions he has got spot on .

Except your performance is judged on the game as a whole, not 2 key decisions.

Two huge calls, got them both spot on, dont think in any of his prematch dreams he thought he awarding that goal after two mins.
Brave to send off Moses
He can be allowed misgivings in other aspects

Not brave. It's called doing the job properly.

Back