A&H

Dangerous play.. red or yellow, please comment and vote :)

Red card or Yellow Card

• Yellow

• Red

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Referee Store
Red card for me dangerous play. Out of control, high, excessive force. I suppose on flip side if defender had come in identical would I have given 2 reds? Not so sure.

First off, let's be clear, this isn't dangerous play by LotG definition. There's contact involved, and once that happens, playing in a dangerous manner goes out the window.

Now, it's not 100% clear if that boot makes contact from the token angle that we see there. If that boot is making contact with the chest, then it's a really simple dismissal for serious foul play (there's a challenge for the ball going on at the time, though vrey poorly thought through). If the collision is essentially crotch/thigh to chest, then I'd lean more toward reckless and a caution.

Though, like @TopCat my initial gut feel is dismissal here.

First off, let's be clear, this isn't dangerous play by LotG definition. There's contact involved, and once that happens, playing in a dangerous manner goes out the window.

Now, it's not 100% clear if that boot makes contact from the token angle that we see there. If that boot is making contact with the chest, then it's a really simple dismissal for serious foul play (there's a challenge for the ball going on at the time, though vrey poorly thought through). If the collision is essentially crotch/thigh to chest, then I'd lean more toward reckless and a caution.

Though, like @TopCat my initial gut feel is dismissal here.
i dont think the boot makes contact to the chest.. his shin to his arm first and then crotch follows to the chest after collision

Red card for me dangerous play. Out of control, high, excessive force. I suppose on flip side if defender had come in identical would I have given 2 reds? Not so sure.
Interesting point, in a case when both players make an out of control attempt using excessive force and collide... could be hard to expect reds for both :) thanks for your input

Back