A&H

Dem regulations!!!

world cup final 1 1 time up, ref says aw lets play another 14 seconds illegal time, one team score, does only 14 seconds matter then

Come on, you know better that that.

Your scenario would never happen, because added time is at discretion of referee so 14 seconds of 'illegal' added time just isn't possible.

I'll ask you what I asked above - Do you allow GKs 'illegal' time with the ball? I do and so does everyone else on here.

The Referee Store
Would it be fair if an auction was extended to allow someone to get a late bid in because they couldn't be bothered to get their bid in earlier? Would the national lottery sell you a ticket after the deadline? Were you allowed to carry on writing at the end of an exam after the time alloted expired? Would a court accept legal documents after a deadline? Would you be happy if one selfish idiot held up your flight because despite knowing the times weeks in advance after buying a ticket decided to have one more drink and went missing in the airport?

As I said before, many things in life work to deadlines, a line has to be drawn somewhere. They missed the deadline. How much they missed the deadline by is completely irrelevant!

As I have shamelessly stolen from twitter: "Transfer window open for 7,254,000 seconds, but Leicester miss out on Silva because they needed 7,254,014 seconds"

world cup final 1 1 time up, ref says aw lets play another 14 seconds illegal time, one team score, does only 14 seconds matter then
But the match isn't over till the referee signals its over therefore this is a faulty argument!

The last few seconds are the most important Graeme.... You'll find that out when you get some hair on ye chin!! :flip:

So, if not 14 seconds what do you suggest? If you allow 10 minutes leeway would you allow 14 seconds on top of that? When refereeing would you let the match run on beyond time so that one team might score?

0-0 or 1-1 in a cup match, oh yes, I'm adding time on there!

Back