A&H

Drinks Breaks?

Nothing to do with my word, factual it happened

Grammar police is a bit childish but you carry on

Facial injury, no cards issued.

The Referee Store
I am doing a grass roots festival in sunny suffolk so if the kids need to stop for a drinks break I will have no hesitation to stop. It is common sense.
3 minutes into the first game the heavens opened torrential rain hail and a massive thunderstorm. All kids parents coaches refs and organisers running for cover as all the whole thing was quickly postponed. Does this count as a water break as we were certainly cooled down afterwards!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regardless why not focus your input on the topics
That's somewhat ironic, coming from the person who introduced unhelpful and aggressive discussion about injuries into a thread entitled 'Drinks Breaks' ....

But, for what it's worth, the possibility of the need for a drink break is one of a number of good reasons for checking the weather forecast before games (along with the possibility of frost, torrential rain, lack of light etc). Shows you take the match seriously and allows you to be proactive with the clubs rather than reactive. If I suggested a drinks break to the teams and one of them said no (which up to now hasn't happened) then I'd still reserve the right to insist on it if I felt player safety was becoming an issue.

End of the day you are not in a position to refuse anybody their right to take on fluids. Its not guantanimo bay, its a game of football.
So whether you want to badge it as a "drinks break" or just allowing access to water it shouldnt ever be an issue. Even if you dont have a set break in the game for drinks any player should be able to get a drink at any time.

End of the day you are not in a position to refuse anybody their right to take on fluids. Its not guantanimo bay, its a game of football.
So whether you want to badge it as a "drinks break" or just allowing access to water it shouldnt ever be an issue. Even if you dont have a set break in the game for drinks any player should be able to get a drink at any time.

Exactly right. Whether you agree to it or not, players are just going to do it when the ball goes out of play anyway so you may as well say yes and get a few brownie points.

did a game on Sunday and asked the players if we should be calling on a drinks break at some convenient mid-point in each half.
One player, in the second half, got a little obsessed with it and kept asking if we were going to do it yet... pretty much every 3 to 4 minutes... and i had to remind him that he was free to grab a drink from the sideline at any point (provided he didnt wander off the FOP).

Back