A&H

Ergh! Clubs announcing the referee for the weekend

Reuben Watt

ERGHHH! Today my club (Crawley Town) announced that the referee for this Saturdays game, home to Carlisle. The referee we have been given is Darren Deadman. It'd really frustrating to see what people have commented on the crawley town twitter page. Saying how he shouldn't be a referee etc etc. Personally, I think he is one of the best referees in league 2 and its a shame that none of the other crawley fans agree.

The Referee Store
Strange. Darren Deadman has a very bad rep among wednesday fans too. Havent seen too much of him so personally dont have an opinion.

My team (Mk Dons) has had Mr Deadman twice, one of which I watched and although we lost 3-1 he wasn't at any fault my team where just s***. He's reffed 46 games this season with a few more games to come which is one of the highest game amounts in the whole football league so he can't be that bad!

I hope they are s*** on Saturday, 7.500 Blades are coming to Stadium Plastic Dons for a party, You and Chezzy to muller for 100 points!!! COYRAWW

I hope they are s*** on Saturday, 7.500 Blades are coming to Stadium Plastic Dons for a party, You and Chezzy to muller for 100 points!!! COYRAWW
Don't worry we no doubt will be. You deserve to go up so I'm not gonna deny it. Besides you might bring some bloody atmosphere to our stadium on saturday......

We were bottom with 1 point after 4 games, Scummers were top with 12!!! Mind that gap Trotters!!!

3 defeats in 39....Sumblime football on saturday in the first half, would have given a few weaker Prem teams the runaround!!!

We all know that some teams like us and some teams don't it's just a fact. At the end of the day as long as it doesn't effect his performance then no harm done.

We had Deadman against Morecambe a couple of weeks ago. We were dogs*** but he was fine. Not on our small list of refs we just can't stand

Having known him for many years he has always been a "carder". He was criticised by the local Sunday league for being too strict!

He's a hard but fair ref.

You know what you get with Deadman. He generally keeps complete control of the games but he does have a very high card count. Think he has mellowed a bit recently, but some of his card counts are incredibly high - see below for 2011/12 ...

http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=875&season_id=141

Been around for a long time though, and you don't last 12 seasons on the Football League if you don't know what you are doing.

People complain that 'referees make it all about them' and the like, but when you've got clubs posting stuff like this on Twitter...
X38IZ7V.png

:wall::wall::wall:

If I was him, I'd be fairly unhappy about being photoshopped into an image alongside a club crest - doesn't exaclty shout "neutrality", does it?

People complain that 'referees make it all about them' and the like, but when you've got clubs posting stuff like this on Twitter...
X38IZ7V.png

:wall::wall::wall:
90% of prem clubs do this now .. West Ham do exactly the same except we don't have a facts and figures, just that same picture with for example 'The man in charge of the fixture against Sunderland is Mike Dean, this will be his 12th time of refereeing the Hammers, the last being the 3-2 win over Newcastle in November 2015'

I quite like it to be fair ... not sure if its a club wide thing but in the Hammers match day programme we have a 'Todays Officals' section where it has the 4 officials, and then has a short bio on the referee i.e his age, where he is from, years in the PL, last Hammers game' it then has his season stats of Games/YC/RC/PK and then lists the previous (up to 5) fixtures, date and scores of the Hammers games he has officiated

Back