A&H

European Championships 2016

Who will win Euro 2016

• Total voters
We have just requisitioned a report "how England bleated on about 1966 for 50 years plus at every opportunity and got away with it" and will adopt a very similar model. :D

The real Welsh question is; one hit wonders who need to reminisce every 2 years to take away the pain or are we able to qualify for a major tournament again!!

The Referee Store
Pen for me.

Whilst the distance between the hand and the opponent is very small, the only reason the defender has raised his arm there is to enlarge his presence in attempting to block the ball. He got caught the wrong side by the movement of the attacker and then desperately tried to stop the header.

Pen for me.

Whilst the distance between the hand and the opponent is very small, the only reason the defender has raised his arm there is to enlarge his presence in attempting to block the ball. He got caught the wrong side by the movement of the attacker and then desperately tried to stop the header.
I agree with this. And also, definitely given by the AAR - but how on earth any non-referee is supposed to know that, I have no idea.

Pen for me.

'The only reason' ..... That's a very hopeful comment to make your argument fit the end result... Humans do jump with arms raised to get leverage, it clearly deflected off the attackers head

'The only reason' ..... That's a very hopeful comment to make your argument fit the end result... Humans do jump with arms raised to get leverage, it clearly deflected off the attackers head
I rarely jump with my arm directly by the side of my head for leverage. To the side and a little raised yes, as an impression of Nelly the elephant, no.

High jumpers use there arms for balance, we all do, so stop talking silly....who jumps like a pogo stick!

High jumpers use there arms for balance, we all do, so stop talking silly....who jumps like a pogo stick!
I suspect you need to look at the angle of the defender's arm again and it's position relative to the players jump. That is not using your arms as leverage, it's using them to enlarge your area in order to block a ball.

Deliberately handled????? or its deflected off the defenders head onto his hand..... Me thinks the latter ma Lord!

In anything but ref circles this is a silly interpration of a simple rule.... Did he handle it deliberately.... NO....

Deliberately handled????? or its deflected off the defenders head onto his hand..... Me thinks the latter ma Lord!

In anything but ref circles this is a silly interpration of a simple rule.... Did he handle it deliberately.... NO....
The hand and the head were only a few cm's apart. To suggest the ball only hit the hand because of the deflection is kind of rubbish IMO - and also kind of irrelevant, as it still doesn't excuse the fact a shot on goal was blocked by an arm that had been deliberately put in a position to do so.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36743405 Well done Clatts....
The hand and the head were only a few cm's apart. To suggest the ball only hit the hand because of the deflection is kind of rubbish IMO - and also kind of irrelevant, as it still doesn't excuse the fact a shot on goal was blocked by an arm that had been deliberately put in a position to do so.
'What shot on goal'... it was a blooming corner swung in..... have you actually seen this or did your RDO tell you about it...:)

What do you think the attacker who headed it was trying to achieve?

Come on Graeme - he wasn't attempting a shot ...........with his head!:)

I actually agree with you, that on balance I'm going with handball, but a) it wasn't a shot on goal and b) as you well know, direction of ball in this case is totally irrelevant in any case.

What do you think the attacker who headed it was trying to achieve?

So we now have to guess that an attacker is attempting to do something and have to forget that a defender is not trying to do something else...Geez, when can i come and watch one of your games Graeme.. you can read my mind too!!!

What surprised me is that not a single person appealed, and when he gave the penalty no one had a clue initially what he had given.

Not an incorrect decision, but harsh for me and certainly goes against the "no surprises" mantra ...

I actually agree with you, that on balance I'm going with handball, but a) it wasn't a shot on goal and b) as you well know, direction of ball in this case is totally irrelevant in any case.

Direction of ball irrelevant to the original penalty decision but not to the subsequent Yellow Card for the offence :)

Terrible decision.

Frog got lucky. Unlike in tomorrow's final where I expect Ronaldo and Co to lift the trophy regardless .....

Back