A&H

Fixture not confirmed

Louis Bird

Level 7 Referee
Hi everyone,
What do I do if I don't get my fixtures confirmed within the correct amount of time prior to match day? Do I assume that the match is off? I don't have a league handbook so I can't contact the teams myself. Thanks for your help and I look forward to your responses.

The Referee Store
Contact the home team and assume it is still on. Do your league have a web site? If not ask your referee secretary for a handbook.

If you are so inclined, report it to the relevant person if league rules have been transgressed.

Hi everyone,
What do I do if I don't get my fixtures confirmed within the correct amount of time prior to match day? Do I assume that the match is off? I don't have a league handbook so I can't contact the teams myself. Thanks for your help and I look forward to your responses.

Most leagues supply all their officials with a copy of it's league rules free of charge Louis. All protocol and procedure for the arrangement and playing of fixtures (officials included) should be in that. Contact them and ask them for a copy. Most leagues however get around this by having a copy of the rules permanently displayed on their website. (Normally an FA Full Time one). Look for yours first. You must be officially appointed to youth matches anyway so the source of your match appointments would be the best and most obvious place to look. ;)

How are you normally notified of match appointments?

Most leagues supply all their officials with a copy of it's league rules free of charge Louis. All protocol and procedure for the arrangement and playing of fixtures (officials included) should be in that. Contact them and ask them for a copy. Most leagues however get around this by having a copy of the rules permanently displayed on their website. (Normally an FA Full Time one). Look for yours first. You must be officially appointed to youth matches anyway so the source of your match appointments would be the best and most obvious place to look. ;)

How are you normally notified of match appointments?
Im usually notified of each match via an automated email from FA FullTime

Im usually notified of each match via an automated email from FA FullTime

I think I might have misunderstood you actually Louis? It seems you're asking what to do if the weather is crap and you've not had word from anybody that the game's off?
Again, your league rules should cover that. ;)
Bottom line is, if you've been officially appointed to the match and you're showing as the name on the Full Time fixture page, then you have to turn up as expected if you're not advised otherwise.
If you've not had an e mail from Full Time appointing you mate - then you never had a fixture anyway..... ;)

Just be proactive and call or email the ref appointment secretary in the first instance. Once you have the handbook or contacts, just call the club secretary whenever you are missing the info.

If you're new on the league the clubs may not have your details either. It happens.

Back