A&H

Funny head butt red..

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
A blast from the past face just popped up on my FB page for no apparent reason but he accounts for one of my funniest ever red cards...

This lad used to be a very decent keeper and even played professionally when AFC Wimbledon re-formed etc.. Anyway time has passed and a few Burger Kings and he turns up playing amateur football in Sheffield.

He's not happy at conceding a goal from a sloppy centre half mistake and they, what I think initially is banter, square up as we are going back to the centre circle. He gives the CH a bollocking and sort of kicks him (not hard) on his ankle. A few go back to split them and i book GK for AA, (nothing worse than that at this point). They concede another and he's arguing with every man and his dog (except me). So the manager (who i despise) subs him, well, talk about light the blue touch paper. CH then goes in the net, he daren't even ask for the GK's shirt so he reverses his own. GK marches around the pitch to meet the manager on the side, next thing they are fighting and he sticks the nut on his own manager....Brilliant, (iv'e always wanted to do that to this manager). I'm torn between shaking his hand or giving him a red, unfortunately, ref mode kicked in and he was sent to the carpark with the full set, YC, RC and misconduct charge.......I'd forgot that one!!!

The Referee Store
Back