A&H

Good evening all

Secretary Scott

Level 7 Referee
Hello everyone

I noticed my twin brother was on here (Jamie0114) so I thought I'd join in the fun and see how many times I can correct him (just like being kids again). The username comes from being secretary of a youth league in Beds - I got fed up of travelling to games and watching from the sideline so did something I should have done years ago and took the referee course 3 years ago. I had coached my son's team (he's a recently qualified level 7) from U8 to U16 and had always enjoyed being the referee if we didn't have one appointed. Those games seemed to go pretty well despite me being perceived as a 'homer' so I thought I could do something right.
My first adult game after qualifying was a nightmare but I've since found out it could hardly have been two worse teams so it's got better as I've gone on, though I still haven't done many. I've learned a lot since then but have mainly refereed youth games as they fit better into my schedule (and role as league secretary). I'm going for level 6 this year and have my first assessment this weekend so we'll see how that goes. I got through the LOTG part thankfully, though the irony of today's news is that I was encouraged to get more involved in the admin side of football by a certain...Keith Stroud (when he worked at Beds FA).
I've also enjoyed officiating with my son which I see as a privilege. We've ran the line together in some South Spartan Midlands League Games this season and it's fun to compare notes afterwards. I'm hoping to get my other son and daughter on a course soon (14 and 13) so we'll soon be able to hire ourselves out as a complete set! :)
I look forward to bumping into some of you.

Scott

The Referee Store
Welcome to the site. Make sure there's no fighting with your brother or we'll have to send you to the naughty step :p

Back