A&H

Good Leagues West Yorks

Ben Day

Just wondering what the better leagues to officiate on in the West Yorkshire area as a level 7 referee.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Referee Store
Just wondering what the better leagues to officiate on in the West Yorkshire area as a level 7 referee.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Where in West Yorkshire @Ben Day it's a big place? Also do you have transport and aren't you under 16? If you are then you only have the choice of junior leagues for now.

Where in West Yorkshire @Ben Day it's a big place? Also do you have transport and aren't you under 16? If you are then you only have the choice of junior leagues for now.

Agreed, it was more the Wakefield area but I was under the impression that leagues are split to districts as opposed to cities. I was looking at next season as I turn 16 in May so would then be able to officiate at open age.

Agreed, it was more the Wakefield area but I was under the impression that leagues are split to districts as opposed to cities. I was looking at next season as I turn 16 in May so would then be able to officiate at open age.
The County is split into Districts but leagues often overlap District boundaries.

If you're doing junior football in the Wakefield area, then you will find teams from the Garforth Junior League, Huddersfield RCD League and the Charles Rice League all within reasonable travelling distance.

http://www.westridingfa.com/leagues/youth-leagues is a good place to start BUT don't use the contact details on this page.

George Warner died suddenly last year and David Brown and Eric Rake have both stepped down. You'd be better off going to the individual websites of the leagues and looking for the league secretary's details.

Once you move into open age you have the Wakefield Saturday and Sunday Leagues, plus you can be an Assistant on the West Yorkshire League. A little further away you will find the County Amateur League and the Yorkshire Amateur League. Both offer significant opportunities for referees.

http://www.westridingfa.com/leagues/open-age-leagues

Back