A&H

Good News thread

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Thought I'd share details of my very enjoyable match this weekend and you can do the same if you were lucky enough to have a game that went well this weekend.

Mine was my first middle for 9 months due to injury - although I have done several lines this season.

U15s County Cup - gave a penalty after 1min 30 secs - no one argued!

Couple of very mild queries in whole match, which was an entertaining 6-4 win for home side in the end.

Got marks of 90 & 95 from the managers and went home very happy!

Over to you!

The Referee Store
Had a game Sunday morning.

Bottom division game against two teams who were the bottom two and had lost every single game so far. Turn up to find that one team had 11 players and the other had 8. That meant no assistants and had to do all offsides myself (not normal around here).

Even though I am certain I got some wrong I did not have a single complaint from any player at any point in the match about any decision. Despite the obviously poor standards of the teams and the fact that one team had 3 more players than the other the match was very enjoyable and ended 5-4.

If only all Sunday morning games were like this

My recent Sunday County Cup game, felt it had gone very smoothly. Loads of talking to the players who responded well, slowish pace so always in highly credible positions, nine goals and no cautions. Big smiles all round. Then find out I'd been assessed .. so good news, there were indeed only FOUR fouls all game (unbelievable!) and overall he was happy. But (rightly) got picked up on not sprinting into my restart positions and sometimes taking my eyes off the players after some of the goals .. basically, I just relaxed too much because things were so smooth and straightforward. Ah well, always learning :)

Had 3 games scheduled by last Friday morning, by Friday evening just one left, U18 ladies game - which can be a bit pedestrian.

Not this one though, feisty!

Plenty of fast action, injured shins felt good, well structured stepped approach to first caution.

A swift and decisive caution for away captain arguing about a corner I gave following a quick counter attack in the last 5 minutes. She thought should have been a GK, but my fitness kept me up with play enough to give a great decision. Even better than that was after the caution for her dissent she asked her GK who admitted she tipped the ball out.

Penalty for away team and 95 from each manager. Happy Days.

Reactions: SM
Lets bring it down a level ........:hmmm: Toughest game of my season on Sunday ...County Premier Cup.... 7 in the book ..4 pens for the away side (all converted ) the 20 or so home fans despised me for some reason ? think I heard the word" ref "shouted over 200 times ( first half ) then my mind went numb

" 2 teams here today ref " from the "fans " ??? oh yea and "your F#####N SH T on one occasion .....that got the manager a warning. only one team had the ball though ! even got told I owed them £25 during the game because one of the 2 match balls they gave me to pump up for them pre match :hmmm: had gone missing !!

Not a pleasant one but they were marked accordingly

I had been pre warned what to expect but none of my fellow refs fancied a swap ?

Reactions: SM
Back