A&H

Junior/Youth How do I get games

The Referee Store
You dont.

You will be appointed by a league, and usually, specifically their referees secretary.
You need to a little research into the leagues in your area/county and decide which leagues are better for you.
Id also speak to you RDO (referee development officer) who will be able to point you in the right direction. Their name and contact details, should be, readily available on your county fa website.

Happy refereeing!

Think it depends on the area your're in.

Dorset Youth League has appointed referees where possible, although there are fixtures listed as "club official" probably because there are not enough referees to cover all of the games. Where as in the Bournemouth League, homes clubs are responsible for finding their own referee unless their fixture is selected for an appointed referee. Cups are also appointed referees. I regularly get contacted directly by teams looking for a registered ref.

As James said, speak to your county RDO, who should be able to help.

Good luck!

Move to Suffolk! All youth games here are appointed by suffolk FA each local league has a referees contact who you email or phone and they will get in contact with you. I see you are a level 8 so try all the youth leagues. If you go on the youth leagues websites there was a referee appointment officer, but if your county does central appointments like mine, ring up the appointments officer if you haven't got a game and ask if any one has cancelled. Once clubs have got in contact with you once your number is stored and you will get the phonecalls saying my appointed ref cant do the game can you do it. Suddenly you will be turning down games. Espeicially as the weather is meaning lots of postponements

Which part of Kent are you in? If you are in West Kent, Crowborough and District Junior Football League would love additional referees. Teams from Sevenoaks, out to Tenterden, and down to Hastings (E. Sussex) and Brighton have teams in the league. If you direct message me I can let you have the refsec's contact details.

Depends where in Kent you are and what level you want to officiate at. I'm also in Kent, and for my local open age games I just informed the league referee sec that I wanted games and I get an email monthly with all fixtures and appointments.

When I first started I also officiated in the East Kent Youth League, although I think it has now been rebranded. I was given contact details of the referee sec for that league by the training team who took my course but easily obtainable from the Kent FA RDO (Nick Dunn).

Back