A&H

International tournaments

Aled

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
So with the end of the season almost upon us and myself with under 10 games left this season, who's off to any tournaments?

I myself am off to Ibercup Estoril for the 2nd time and will probably be off to the Welsh Supercup in Cardiff for the 2nd time.

The Referee Store
I'm looking at doing one at the end of next season, hopefully with a bit more experience under my belt. How did you find the experience of refereeing teams and players who might not have a full understanding of English?

I know where aled does his "regular" refereeing - refereeing players who do not have a full understanding of English (or any language for that matter) is something he is more than used to sion!! :p

I'm looking at doing one at the end of next season, hopefully with a bit more experience under my belt. How did you find the experience of refereeing teams and players who might not have a full understanding of English?
Although it's difficult most understand football English and the best way to get through to them is with body language and gestures and as a last resort getting the cards out can also work but be prepared for them to ask for cards from U9 up, in Europe it's common practice for players to get cautioned at all ages so they're used to cards being shown to them

I shall be at the Norway Cup in my capacity as a journalist and editor of the English Language Website.

By my count this will be my 17th Norway Cup

Back