A&H

John Terry sub

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
What a horrific display of adulation mid game, shame on the opponents for taking part in this, had they given as much consideration to their whole season as they did to hugging and applauding the opponents captain on his departure, then their season might have been more fruitful, would have been tempted as referee to caution Terry for time wasting on his way off, that was a competitive game of football, not a testimonial and keeps alive the notion that English football was invented in 1992, doubt 10% of the "fans" there today even have heard of Joe MacLaughlin, David Speedie or Kevin McAllister.

The Referee Store
Contrasting emotions here... I enjoyed watching the after game party with all the kids.

But how will JT actually be remembered...?
His name reminds me of "full kit w***er" and Wayne Bridge's wife, in what appears to have been an ultimate act of betrayal.
When watching the after party I saw presumably Mrs Terry, and wondered that she has stuck through him the whole time.
And then he has also admitted using racially pejorative language and has been accused of being racist.
Oh and a good defender, famous in my eyes for blocking shots with his hands.

Legacy? Not much.

Contrasting emotions here... I enjoyed watching the after game party with all the kids.

But how will JT actually be remembered...?
His name reminds me of "full kit w***er" and Wayne Bridge's wife, in what appears to have been an ultimate act of betrayal.
When watching the after party I saw presumably Mrs Terry, and wondered that she has stuck through him the whole time.
And then he has also admitted using racially pejorative language and has been accused of being racist.
Oh and a good defender, famous in my eyes for blocking shots with his hands.

Legacy? Not much.

You forgot his penalty slip in Moscow...........

As a Chelsea fan, the in game send off was cringe worthy! What ever happened to a lap of hour after the game?

To be honest, I am glad he's gone. Been a loyal servant to the club and no doubt helped played his part in the success the club has achieved during his time at the club, but he's been long past his best for a number of seasons. His performance in the recent game against Watford was at best comical. There have also times where he has let the club down badly, on and off the pitch...

Allegedly in 1999 Steve Bruce agreed a deal with Chelsea to buy him for £250,000 when he was manager of Huddersfield. Terry said no im not going i want to try and make a career here. How different things could have been if thats true.

Dont really like him but i cant help but admire him for what he has done through his career.

Now JT's gone, there is only Ronney of the "its all about me" group from the England team.

In the past few years, SteveG, Lamps, JT have all gone (and with their kn0b's nicknames), only Rooney to go. His time has come - fancy China?

The golden generation has gone, lets see if England can win something with a "TEAM mentalialty".

My own fav was charging Chelsea "fans" for what was a free tour of Chelseas training grounds along with admitting his public mocking of the 9/11 incident.
A player who made a great career of "getting in the way" of shots, so fair play to him
Scholes and Keane were near mortified receive their Champ League winner medals at the game they never played in, Terry saw it as a chance to put full kit on and dance about as he himself has scored the winning goal. Chelsea won that cup despite Terry, not because of Terry. That said, for one weeks of this pay I would probably act like the worlds biggest ***** too

Now JT's gone, there is only Ronney of the "its all about me" group from the England team.

In the past few years, SteveG, Lamps, JT have all gone (and with their kn0b's nicknames), only Rooney to go. His time has come - fancy China?

The golden generation has gone, lets see if England can win something with a "TEAM mentalialty".

Rooney has been finished for years. Got his last big contract and stopped giving 2 sh*ts.
Woy Hodgson didn't have the stones to drop him and sadly Southgate isn't big enough a name to start dropping England "legends"

Lets start with this I do not support Chelsea, but in a nothing game which didn't affect any one why not celebrate a club legend. All of our heros have flaws but the Chelsea fans are celebrating his loyalty his ability his leadership. He is the most successful Chelsea captain ever and has proved himself to the Chelsea faithful over and over again. I thought it was a good way to say goodbye and we will probably not see a football player stay this long at a club and be that successful again.

Lets start with this I do not support Chelsea, but in a nothing game which didn't affect any one why not celebrate a club legend. All of our heros have flaws but the Chelsea fans are celebrating his loyalty his ability his leadership. He is the most successful Chelsea captain ever and has proved himself to the Chelsea faithful over and over again. I thought it was a good way to say goodbye and we will probably not see a football player stay this long at a club and be that successful again.

I agree and i am not a Chelsea fan either but personally i had no problem with his send off, even if he is a ...............................

Its a comptetive game, Sunderland fans bought their tickets, travel, possible hotel wanting to see their team compete, beat their opponents, not take part in a circus showering their opponents captain with rose petals?
Would a Roy keane at the peak of his powers have allowed it? Would Chelsea even have thought to ask the request of SAF?
There is respect, and there is meant to be taking part in a competitive fixture

And now there are reports of bets having been made for him going off after 26 minutes. If that is true then is that any different to the scandal over Sutton United's Wayne Shaw eating a pie / pasty in the technical area? Both were contrived events in a football game, and you could even argue that Shaw's was less of an offence as it didn't affect the actual game play.

Southgate isn't big enough a name to start dropping England "legends"
Not sure exactly what you're referring to here, Southgate already 'dropped' Rooney twice, in Oct 2016 he was dropped from the team for the game against Slovenia and in March of this year he was left out of the squad altogether.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ws-his-ruthless-streak-with-wayne-rooney-axe/
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-defoe-england-squad-recall-germany-lithuania

And now there are reports of bets having been made for him going off after 26 minutes. If that is true then is that any different to the scandal over Sutton United's Wayne Shaw eating a pie / pasty in the technical area? Both were contrived events in a football game, and you could even argue that Shaw's was less of an offence as it didn't affect the actual game play.
Shaw (by his own admission) did it because he had seen that the bookies were taking bets for it - there's the potential for opening up a massive can of worms if anyone he knew put money on it. I doubt that was Terry's reasoning behind what he arranged - he's merely a self-indulgent t**t. I can't say I'm surprised that people bet on it.

He has already been cleared of any wrong doing for the 'betting' side of things ...

yes, it was very very cheesy - but isn't that Chelsea? a farce?

one of those sticky situations, because yes he should be booked for time wasting - but what would he gain from it? and also if that was Sunday league/grass roots - could you imagine what you'd let yourself in for the next 64 minutes ...

I was not being serious about the yc for time wasting, if anything, I would like to have yellow carded any Sunderland player who took part, for sheer lunacy and actions deemed to be inflammatory to their own fans!
Sunderland should be severely punished for this, possibly having their relegation to the Championship nullified and made to suffer another season in the Premiership.

If you're giving him a yellow for time wasting then I hope you've got the army on standby to get you safely out of the stadium. ;)

But yeah, the whole escapade was so self-indulgent nonsense.

Back