A&H

Just joined - you may have seen my exhibits at the Eve of the Final Rally

bazzad

Hi,
Just joined the forum and looking forward to reading the contributions on the forums.
I used to referee (many years ago now) but still interested and I actually exhibit at the Eve of the Final Rally. I collect unusual referee items and I suppose the prize possession in this field is the cup that was presented to the linesman (Fred Wells) for the 1934 FA Cup Final (Stanley Rous was the referee).
Also have a memento that was awarded to the 1963 FA Cup final referee - Ken Aston.
Hopefully will be able to post on the wanted site for any Eve of Final Rally programmes / tickets and other memorabilia that is out there!
Good luck all.
Barry

Reactions: SM
The Referee Store
Hi Bazzard

Welcome to the forum. Now, when you say cup do you mean like a trophy style momento or an actual cup that you may drink out of for instance?

Instead of being given a medal he was given a trophy in the form of a small silver cup.
Now here's a question for all you quizzers. Who were the only team to win the FA Cup and be given TWO medals (for winning the same final). A clue - one of the medals was awarded a few years later. It's not a trick question it actually happened.

Instead of being given a medal he was given a trophy in the form of a small silver cup.
Now here's a question for all you quizzers. Who were the only team to win the FA Cup and be given TWO medals (for winning the same final). A clue - one of the medals was awarded a few years later. It's not a trick question it actually happened.
I've always believed it was Derby County in 1946. Something to do with no gold being available until a few years after WWII and bronze medals were awarded instead.
It was also the "burst ball" final.

Very close but not Derby County. The reason was correct though.
Ball burst in 1946 and 1947 finals!

Very close but not Derby County. The reason was correct though.
Ball burst in 1946 and 1947 finals!
Well that's blown my pub quiz career out the window.

The burst ball problem was also attributed to the war. The quality of leather was poor and balls kept bursting because of it.

Back