A&H

Level 4 promotions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A County NOMINATED 8/9 who were refused or did 8/9 get refused nomination? (There is a difference!)

The Referee Store
a couple of the Cornish lads are 18 and 1 is 16/17 i think.
Correct, three of them being below 20, each of them academy referees. They could have a promising career ahead of them so long as they put the work in.
We also had a lad (22 I believe) promoted to level 3.

That makes me think I should definitely be going for promotion soon I'm 16 and oldest age i referee is U16s. Must be very good referees and assistants.

That makes me think I should definitely be going for promotion soon I'm 16 and oldest age i referee is U16s. Must be very good referees and assistants.
They are good kids. They listen, work hard and apply what they are taught. They always make themselves available too, which helps. One of the new fours even failed the lotg exam and still got promoted! I think it helps being part of an academy, obviously the FA want to promote from within their ranks. That said, it's my opinion that at least one of these guys will struggle with level 4 at the moment and could do with a season or so before taking the step up. However, it's a different kettle of fish and I'm sure he will be fine. The first season is all about learning and then applying, they've done very well to get where they are in such a short space of time and I'm confident that they will each have a very good career in the middle and whichever level they get to.

Last edited:
I turned 21 in April and I got the good news yesterday! Got plenty of time on my side and really excited to get going next season and hopefully continue to move up the levels in due course!

P.S excuse my naivety on this site, have followed it for months but never bothered to get an account. Always time for a first!

They are good kids. They listen, work hard and apply what they are taught. They always make themselves available too, which helps. One of the new fours even failed the lotg exam and still got promoted! I think it helps being part of an academy, obviously the FA want to promote from within their ranks. That said, it's my opinion that at least one of these guys will struggle with level 4 at the moment and could do with a season or so before taking the step up. However, it's a different kettle of fish and I'm sure he will be fine. The first season is all about learning and then applying, they've done very well to get where they are in such a short space of time and I'm confident that they will each have a very good career in the middle and whichever level they get to.

What steps did they take? Must have been 16 when refereeing open age. 7-6 or did they get double jump and when did the referee who's 17 and level 4 get level 5?

a couple of the Cornish lads are 18 and 1 is 16/17 i think.

Correct, three of them being below 20, each of them academy referees. They could have a promising career ahead of them so long as they put the work in.
We also had a lad (22 I believe) promoted to level 3.

None of them are 16/17. All are 18+, and all drive I believe. Unless you go 7-4 in your second season then you won't be younger than 18 anyway.

I turned 21 in April and I got the good news yesterday! Got plenty of time on my side and really excited to get going next season and hopefully continue to move up the levels in due course!

P.S excuse my naivety on this site, have followed it for months but never bothered to get an account. Always time for a first!
Congratulations and welcome!

Did you get the double jump? If so is it tough to do?

I'm all for bringing new talent through but 16/17 is far too young to be competent to ref the big boys, learn you craft, grow some hair on ye chin, grasp some experience, learn from colleagues and then maybe, just maybe, you may be ready to dip your toe.

I was never tested by my more experienced peers because I had no need or desire to go further up the ladder but had I not grown a pair over my 10-11 year career I would have royally fecked up many a game. I've seen lads (and older guys too) on adjacent pitches, dolled up with all the clobber, level this and level that, don't care. I've also heard the absolute grief that burley centre halves can bellow out and they just stand there..Cardable tackles flying in and they wave play on..... and do absolutely nothing!!! Scary that a 16/17 year old actually thinks its a good idea.... Its a bit like passing your driving test and getting in a Sports car, everybody knows you will soon run out of luck and talent!!!

I'm all for bringing new talent through but 16/17 is far too young to be competent to ref the big boys, learn you craft, grow some hair on ye chin, grasp some experience, learn from colleagues and then maybe, just maybe, you may be ready to dip your toe.

I was never tested by my more experienced peers because I had no need or desire to go further up the ladder but had I not grown a pair over my 10-11 year career I would have royally fecked up many a game. I've seen lads (and older guys too) on adjacent pitches, dolled up with all the clobber, level this and level that, don't care. I've also heard the absolute grief that burley centre halves can bellow out and they just stand there..Cardable tackles flying in and they wave play on..... and do absolutely nothing!!! Scary that a 16/17 year old actually thinks its a good idea.... Its a bit like passing your driving test and getting in a Sports car, everybody knows you will soon run out of luck and talent!!![/QUO

Agree with you to a certain extent but if you're good enough you're old enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back