A&H

Level 7 Match Appointments

Grasshopper

Level 7 Referee
Hi all. Newbie on the site. Hopefully joining the basic course around September and I was wondering on hopefully passing, what type of games I would be given to officiate. Would they be junior I.e. Under 15's or could they be open age? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

The Referee Store
I've checked your profile and you're not under 16 so, you can referee open age and youth. However, youth football will require a CRC, child safeguarding and possibly Emergency First Aid.

Thank you for your replies. I have CRC, didn't know about emergency first aid. Will investigate further. Thanks for the heads up!

I don't think you need emergency first aid to do youth. U15s is a good age to start and will help you with your confidence. If possible try and get some NARs under your belt, a great learning tool and it is nice to see how other refs do things.

In Scotland, when you complete the Introductory Referee Course (become a Category 7 referee), you can officiate in the following:

• Scottish Amateur FA
  • Scottish Youth FA
  • Scottish Welfare FA
  • Scottish Schools FA
  • Club Academy Scotland Football

It's up-to you what specific leagues you referee in depending on the association although you can referee in any of the above associations. Once you get promotion to either Category 6 or 5, you can also be an assistant in Scottish Junior FA Football, the SFA Youth Cup, The Scottish Cup Rounds 1 & 2 and several semi-pro leagues.

Interestingly, unlike England you can't fully Referee (only assistant referee) the Juniors until Category 4 Development.

Back