A&H

Lukaku goal vs Palace

brothercrow

Level 7 Referee
Just seen Mr Moss award a free kick for high feet against Delaney for Palace which resulted in Lukaku scoring from a direct free kick.

Would anyone else have a problem with that goal being awarded or is it just me?

Answers on a postcard please :)

The Referee Store
Just about to post about same topic. I was amazed indirect free kick not given. Could understand handball being missed or considered unintentional.

Just about to post about same topic. I was amazed indirect free kick not given. Could understand handball being missed or considered unintentional.

For me, that's a basic requirement in your application of law. Understanding direct and indirect free kicks, and especially at that level.

The only explanation is that he thinks contact has been made which is why he's gave a direct free kick

The only explanation is that he thinks contact has been made which is why he's gave a direct free kick

Got to ask why, between him and his assistant, they can't tell that Jagielka wasn't gushing blood nor missing any teeth from the challenge. Foot was very high and at that pace, there's damage being caused if Delaney makes contact??

Jon Moss could quite easily have gone for 'kick or attempts to kick' and thus resulting in a direct free kick.

Jon Moss could quite easily have gone for 'kick or attempts to kick' and thus resulting in a direct free kick.
Hmmmm, that's a good "get out" I guess. But having read his lips, he explained to Delaney it was for high feet which equals PIADM in my book really

I mean it is an attempt to kick the ball which isn't an offence. If he genuinely thought it was an attempt to kick Jagielka studs first I think he may have produced a card

Moss was a late replacement. He seemed sluggish and vexed. I thought he was always 8 yards shy of where he could have been on the diagonal.

For the free kick, if he did decide it was an attempted kick it was because he was directly behind the play and had no angle.

Palace must be gutted. The disallowed goal was also a tough one. I presume that the AR had given McArthur offside for attempting to play the ball on the edge if the 6 yard box. This looked like a difficult call. I would like to know what Moss saw and who made the call on the intercom.

Overall, 2 examples of vageries in the laws. And dismal attempts at explaining them by commentators and the press.

Back