A&H

Macron Referee Shirt - Anyone using ?

George Ref

Level 5 Referee
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has bought or used the Macron Referee Shirt (Dienst Model).

Continental refs have told me it fits super snug, but unsure if same here as well.

Looks much sharper than the new Nike kit, want to give it a go. (no Macron stores in London to see for myself)

Cheers,

Attachments

• referee shirt.png
    referee shirt.png
    171.3 KB · Views: 30
The Referee Store
There is a Macron store (believe that they are an official one but could be wrong) in London, not sure if they stock it.

I've got one. They are more slim fitting than Nike
I'd suggest getting the shorts as well because the Nike shorts are slightly 'anthracite', whereas the Macron top is very black
I won mine in a raffle. The main gripe is that the pockets are not as accessible as the Nike top. The pockets are too high on the breast
Personally, I prefer the collared Nike top

I'd suggest getting the shorts as well because the Nike shorts are slightly 'anthracite', whereas the Macron top is very black
I won mine in a raffle. The main gripe is that the pockets are not as accessible as the Nike top. The pockets are too high on the breast
I agree. I also find the shorts back pockets and the shirt breast pockets Velcro has too much stick. I don’t wear the shorts anymore as I couldn’t get my notebook out of my back pocket. And the shirt pockets are quite difficult.

There is a Macron store (believe that they are an official one but could be wrong) in London, not sure if they stock it.

Thanks for that ! I will give it a go, even if no ref shirt, their football ones won't be far off size wise.

Appreciate the heads up about the shorts. Black isn't always the same, I guess. Chest pockets not really an issue for me, as I don't use them for anything, just holding my pens. More worried about the comment below regarding the pockets.

Agreed with you, the collared one was the best, not happy at all with this new Nike crewneck business.

I agree. I also find the shorts back pockets and the shirt breast pockets Velcro has too much stick. I don’t wear the shorts anymore as I couldn’t get my notebook out of my back pocket. And the shirt pockets are quite difficult.

A bit worrying about the shorts pockets. Need quick access to them....

I will go with the pre-2022 Nike if I can still find it somewhere. (already have 1) If not, will have to get a Macron 1 size over what I need ...

Thank you all for your comments. It's much appreciated!

As an aside really not a fan of the Adidas kit,

Top - neck is too low cut especially around the back of the neck.
Socks - tight and long (and that is me with a 33” instep and skinny ish legs)
Shorts - too much material for the size of waist I needed, feels like I am running around in a marquee

Back