A&H

Man U v Ajax

lincs22

Supply League Observer
Staff member
Observer/Tutor
I thought I would start the thread, undoubtably there will be something to discuss.

My opener : Rooney on the bench, will he be in USA or China next season?

The Referee Store
Heard good things about the current Ajax side, didn't perform on the night, lot's of lovely intricate passing, but no end product. However what they have done especially in the modern age has to be admired. Their production line for developing talent is impressive. Reaching a major European final with a side who's average age is 22, several teenagers in the starting line up as well as on the bench and the entire squad costly less than half than what United paid for Pogba (reportedly).

As for United, wasn't great to watch, but another tactical masterclass from Jose and yet another trophy in the bag with it.

The part that irked me was lining up the injured, well, wounded soldiers, resplendent with their crutches and limps, having them waddle around the field and then get their medals first.

I have not seen anything like this before, in such numbers. I respect those players' contributions but I thought it was a blatant, contrived and cynical PR ploy, presumably conjured by JM, in order to mitigate accusations that he has had a disastrous first season in charge.

The game was vapid rubbish. Herrera is one of the unpleasant players ever to take the field. He would look great diving around the Camp Nou.

I would never count out JM or the resources at MU but it is a long way back up to the top of that perch that Lord Ferg occupied for so long.

i feel my opnion wouldn't be taken seriously on herrera since i am a city fan...

however thank you @santa sangria

twice towards the end of the game he dived and feigned injury

Herrera is one of the unpleasant players ever to take the field. He would look great diving around the Camp Nou.

He's not even in the top 2 unpleasant players at Utd so I'll go ahead and disagree.
To even put him in the same league as Costa, Suarez, Busquettes, Fernandinho, Rooney, Terry, Cashley Cole, Gerrard, Ramos, Pepe or even Ronaldo shows an ABU badge methinks

Last edited:
Anyone think that the second goal was close to being dangerous play. Overhead kick with defenders head quite close? Maybe i'm being harsh but it did cross my mind as they showed the first replay? Thoughts? Sod all else happened!

Last edited:
The 2 aar and 4th came out it well with a 8.4 it seems, reading the report I would have given 8.3 to them. 8.3 to one AR and 8.4 for the other ar

Interesting. UEFA releases those reports for each game of their competitions? If so, where can we find them (like reports from this season's Champions League)?

(Someone should tell them not to use expressions like 'Well done!" or "Congratulations!". Cringeworthy. As if the observer is talking to a 7-year old.)
Interesting the 4th official displaying the wrong number on the board was not picked up on.. shows how little went on the game

That isn't a real, official report.

It's from a page on Facebook that calls themselves "Respect the Referee":

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=337929676623148&id=202385373510913

"Respect The Referee" provides a report of Damir Skomina's performance in yesterday's UEFA Europa League final.

I would like to point out that this document is NO OFFICIAL report by UEFA, but created by the owner of this page.

The model of this report is based on reports published by the blog "The 3rd Team".

Reactions: J79
Back