A&H

Man Utd v Rostov

Tealeaf

Lighting the darkest hour
Staff member
"That's a penalty!" ... "The replay will tell us more"... "No, never a penalty for me."

Make your mind up Robbie Savage! All of these comments were his in relation to the same incident.

Only real talking point so far. For those who haven't seen it Rostov goalkeeper punches the ball clear but goes over the top of the attacker in doing so. Mourinho convinced it should have been a spot kick but others less so. Never mind the chances that Utd haven't taken, including hitting the post, you can guarantee that if Utd go out, that'll be the reason why in his interview.

The Referee Store
Some of us don't have BT, so lost as a thread.

but when did Robbie Savage make sense anyway!

Got BT Sport (for the Champions League), Broadband and phone. Actually worked out cheaper having the lot...

Their line up of pundits and co-commentators are mostly clueless with regard to the laws and seriously boring. Savage impartially has a habit of contradicting himself and just seems to rant most of the time.

Never have been or ever will be a fan of United (even with ex-Chelsea boss Jose in charge), find them extremely hard work to watch...

Got BT Sport (for the Champions League), Broadband and phone. Actually worked out cheaper having the lot...

Their line up of pundits and co-commentators are mostly clueless with regard to the laws and seriously boring. Savage impartially has a habit of contradicting himself and just seems to rant most of the time.

Never have been or ever will be a fan of United (even with ex-Chelsea boss Jose in charge), find them extremely hard work to watch...
like that Howard Webb bloke. Clueless :eek:

You can tell what kind of game it is by the fact that bananas are now the big talking point! :eek:

One of those odd points though - Mourinho passes a banana to Ashley Young who gives it to Marcos Rojo to eat. Nothing untoward there except he eats it while running around the field. Now if fluids are supposedly taken during a break in play at the touch line, should the same not be done with energy snacks? :bag:

You can tell what kind of game it is by the fact that bananas are now the big talking point! :eek:

One of those odd points though - Mourinho passes a banana to Ashley Young who gives it to Marcos Rojo to eat. Nothing untoward there except he eats it while running around the field. Now if fluids are supposedly taken during a break in play at the touch line, should the same not be done with energy snacks? :bag:
Not sure there is any law that stipulates where a player can or cant drink or eat on the pitch? Only allowing for time lost for medical drinks break to be added on where competition rules allow one. I think a drinks bottle might be considered as dangerous equipment under law 4 maybe? Not sure a banana can be considered unsafe equipment can it?

This also isnt as uncommon as it might appear. Regularly spot players taking on those energy supplements on the pitch which is technically food and nothing is ever made. They usually just throw their litter on the pitch too.

any tv company that employ chris sutton as an expert needs to answer questions, i wonder if even he believes the guff he spouts

To be fair to Robbie. There are some penalty incidents that I see in real time and think that they are a nailed-on pen, but after looking at replays, it looks less bad than it did in real time.

And vice versa of course

Lol never seen that before. My love for dublin just doubled! Well played sir.

:D

Back