A&H

manchester acadamies contacts

tellemlad

Level 7 Referee
hi,

i qualified as a referee in july at sheffield fa ( as manchester fa is a mess and weren't offering courses). They provided me with contacts to sheffield united and sheffield wednesday's acadamies, but this is useless as I don't live in yorkshire. Does anyone have any advice on how to referee any acadmies in the Manchester area?

The Referee Store
You need to contact Conor Brown, the Manchester FA RDO, or Daniel Sykes, the referee appointment officer at Manchester.

hi,

i qualified as a referee in july at sheffield fa ( as manchester fa is a mess and weren't offering courses). They provided me with contacts to sheffield united and sheffield wednesday's acadamies, but this is useless as I don't live in yorkshire. Does anyone have any advice on how to referee any acadmies in the Manchester area?
Hi, referee with Manchester FA.

Usually it comes after joining the Referee Development Group, kind of a precursor to CORE for us (speak to Conor about joining this).

After that, you can get appointed to Rochdale, Oldham, Man City and Man U academies (those are the 4 I see come up).

Appointments are all done by Dan Sykes, and availability/closed dates are organised through RefSec.

Academies may occasionally come to you directly, but only once they've seen you a few times and know your face is my understanding of it.

Best of luck with your season :)

Usually it comes after joining the Referee Development Group, kind of a precursor to CORE for us (speak to Conor about joining this).

After that, you can get appointed to Rochdale, Oldham, Man City and Man U academies (those are the 4 I see come up).

Appointments are all done by Dan Sykes, and availability/closed dates are organised through RefSec.

Academies may occasionally come to you directly, but only once they've seen you a few times and know your face is my understanding of it.

Best of luck with your seas

Best of luck with your season :)
Thank you very much, that's the most help anyones given me. I had already contacted Conor Brown but he stopped replying to my emails, if anyone knows of a better way to contact him that would be great

Really don’t see how this post is relevant to the question posted
Allow me to spell it out for you... I really don't know if Conor Brown posts on here but I do know that refereeing is a small world.

It's also populated by a lot of people who will do anything to get ahead, such as bring such a negative comment ("Manchester FA is a mess") to the attention of people with authority. People with authority who for many years have been banging on about the negative impact of social media and also forums like this one. Why do you think the Moderators hammer people for making comments on referee performance based on their personal club allegiance? They don't want negative connotations being attached to a helpful resource like this one that Ross has set up.

Starting out by slagging off your home County is not a way to endear yourself to someone who probably organises the new referee courses in that County. Considering the OP has just started out, he hasn't earned any kudos which will balance the negative impression given by his comments. As a result, it's unlikely they'll get a helping hand towards being offered a place at any of the academies any time soon. Does that explain the relevance?

In short, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Back