A&H

Match Cards/Notebook

GraemeS

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Hi All

Since I've refereed, I've always used something similar to these: http://www.referee-equipment.co.uk/...Coloured-Match-Pad-with-50-Sheets-MC-COLOUR50 - disposable paper pads of match cards, which fit inside a wallet that also holds my red/yellow cards. To a casual observer, it looks like a plastic-lined notebook that also holds the cards on the outside of the covers.

However the plastic sleeves that hold the pad in place have started to fall apart and I think I'm going to have to replace or upgrade soon and was considering alternatives - although this systems works quite well for me, there's not a lot of room for my large and untidy handwriting and the sleeves that hold the cards can be a little tight, preventing speedy access.

I'm a little sceptical about the durability of "reusable" cards or sleeves, has anyone had problems with this? I was also considering using a plain notebook to record KO, goals and allow me to take detailed notes where required, coupled with write-on cards or skins such as these https://www.refsworlduk.co.uk/collections/cards/products/card-skins-1 for more straightforward cautions/dismissals.

I'd be really interested in people's thoughts or advice on what works well for them, as I've never tried anything other than what I initially went with.

The Referee Store
this is a problem the books dont last forever. its amasing how junk mail paper can be cut to fit in referee books, a new book costs less than a fiver

this is a problem the books dont last forever. its amasing how junk mail paper can be cut to fit in referee books, a new book costs less than a fiver
the skins are very good but they only record cards not goals or subs

Last edited by a moderator:
I use everything I sell funnily enough. :p

I'm all seriousness though, the skins are great, work in any weather. For your match record though, our reusable match cards might not be for you. I'm lucky and have small handwriting so can cram it in there. Solid wallet is a winner though, nothing wrong with using a blank sheet of paper for your match record.

I use everything I sell funnily enough. :p

I'm all seriousness though, the skins are great, work in any weather. For your match record though, our reusable match cards might not be for you. I'm lucky and have small handwriting so can cram it in there. Solid wallet is a winner though, nothing wrong with using a blank sheet of paper for your match record.
Hi Ross, I appreciate the honest reply! I know the card skins can be peeled off - have you ever had any problems with them coming loose in pockets or getting pulled off when removing them from pockets? My day job is working with glue, so I know that when it comes to peelable adhesives, there's a fine line between them being too strong and not strong enough!

Hi Ross, I appreciate the honest reply! I know the card skins can be peeled off - have you ever had any problems with them coming loose in pockets or getting pulled off when removing them from pockets? My day job is working with glue, so I know that when it comes to peelable adhesives, there's a fine line between them being too strong and not strong enough!
Nope, once they're on, they're on. Never caught them, I clip my pencil on to the card and not caught it with that either. Peel off easily enough when you actually want to remove it though

Back