A&H

MCL & ACL

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
Went to see a knee Consultant last night and he's now sending me for an MRI, seems he's convinced I've done my left MCL and the worst case is I've done left ACL as well... Not that painful really, like nagging toothache, but gets well stiff on a long drive. Hopefully get to find out in the next few weeks...Maybe keyhole Op sometime in the future.

Told me I can referee just try not and twist too strenuously. Got UGG FC v UGG FC the weekend so my pencil may get a more vigorous runout!!

The Referee Store
Doesn't sound like you should be doing much at all, but if you can try and get a physio to strap it and show you how it's done for reference. It might get you through a few weeks.

I certainly wouldn't try and put off getting it sorted, assuming you can get it done try and do it over Jab/Feb when there'll be a lot of games off anyway and you won't be missing much. Best of luck.

Don't listen to Minty, he's Lord of Refereeing in his Manor!!!

I think I initially did this skiing 20months ago in Sweden, my skiing career lasted a whole 3 yards!!!! I fell backwards on my backside but fell to the left with my feet planted in fixed ski boots attached to the skis!!! Try it now but don't move your feet when you do it, you pivot the wrong way on your knee!! It was pretty bad then but settled down after 2-3 months, thought i'd got over it with no ill effects but i fell 5-6 months ago and that fall seems to have stirred everything up. Work won't be best pleased!!!!

Back