A&H

Neanderthal's in football

The Referee Store
Punishment is part of standard penalties listed in the FA's Handbook.

I've been in touch with Mary and she appreciates all the support shown to her during this case (and the aftermath).

Losing 7-0? Always the referee to blame... not his team, their tactics, their manager etc etc etc

Cannot help but feel that this is just the sad and insult laced culture of football now. Always someone else to blame.

Not to diminish the small minded idiocy of the chairman in question with his sexist comments, but if it had been a male referee would he have found some other kind of reason why that referee was a useless bugger as well (which would never have been reported of course because it is accepted as normal now to throw abuse at the ref)? This is just the level of this kind of person.

Lets hope his ban makes him consider his outbursts in future.

I'm still trying to find the "sexist comments".
Pretty similar to me saying "Michael Oliver isn't fit to referee Manchester Sunday league"
Considering I'd get a 3 match ban for punching someone a few times, I'd go as far as to suggest the ban is excessive.

The promotion of under qualified (not implying Mary is) women in traditionally male industries (engineering, police, military, refereeing) means those that do well will always be viewed with a suspicious eye (sometimes completely unfounded).

Well the article states there were more comments but didn't report them.
So I can't really make a judgement on the appropriateness of the ban, but I'm more concerned about a '5 match maximum', and specificallyu what that applies to.

Well the article states there were more comments but didn't report them.
So I can't really make a judgement on the appropriateness of the ban, but I'm more concerned about a '5 match maximum', and specificallyu what that applies to.
Levels or tiers of offences?

Each level or tier includes misconducts similar in seriousness, and has prescribed ranges of disciplinary outcome that may be given under guidance of overarching principles.

This would be a "level 1" offence, with a range of "up to 5 matches", if such a system was in place.

maybe when he said not 'fit enough' he meant he likes his officials attractive? or that she wasn't physically fit?

I'm just trying to think of stupid reasons he would have said lol

shame that these comments are still being made

Back