A&H

Needing new watch

Kref

Any recommendation for a new watch as my secondary watch has broken with the wrist band completely snapping off next to the hinge. Any recommendations? Also is it worth spending the money on a digital watch? Thanks.

Edit:
Primary watch is getting old, intending on making primary secondary and spending on new primary.

Last edited:
The Referee Store
If you search, you’ll find threads on this. I really like my Garmin Vivioactive with the Ref Watch App. Shows up and down at the same time, easy to set for different lengths of game and extra time, vibrates, can track stoppage if you want, tracks activity—and I use it as my every day watch. But what you want is really a matter of personal choice.

I use my Garmin Forerunner 235 as my primary watch - there are free apps you can download from Garmin which are very handy for reffing. Plenty of cheap second-hand 235s on eBay at the moment too.

I use my Garmin Forerunner 235 as my primary watch - there are free apps you can download from Garmin which are very handy for reffing. Plenty of cheap second-hand 235s on eBay at the moment too.
If the ref watch app by winder works on the Forerunner, it‘s worth the five pounds—at least from what I saw when I tried different ones, it’s much better than the free options for Garmin.

I’m a great fan of REFSIX. I know there is divided opinion of it - but I love the timing clarity but also the sin bin timing function.

I do use the cards on it when it rains!! And it is also good to see positioning/distance (with the pro subscription).

I’m a great fan of REFSIX. I know there is divided opinion of it - but I love the timing clarity but also the sin bin timing function.

I do use the cards on it when it rains!! And it is also good to see positioning/distance (with the pro subscription).
I use it as well. I quite like it. I do keep track of bookings on my yellow card and I use my notebook for subs, red cards, and various other information

Used/tried RefSix. Tried premium too. Eventually just ended up using it for sin bins and who kicks off. Couldn't give a fart about stats

Funny, would you recommend an digital watch max?
They ARE digital. You know the ones I mean.

If the ref watch app by winder works on the Forerunner, it‘s worth the five pounds—at least from what I saw when I tried different ones, it’s much better than the free options for Garmin
I use Refsix and that works quite well.
Does it change accidentally to daylight savings so you can trust it to tell the time (like the other Spinstos)?
yeah I can trust it. It seems to tell the wrong time when it died and then I recharged it but after I connected it to my phone it was fine again. (And still is. I am wearing it right now and it’s fine)

Back