A&H

New for 2017/18 Season - FA harsher punishments for Ref assaults

The Referee Store
That isn't actually a lot different to what it was before. Serious assault was previously a minimum 5 year suspension, and a lot of charges will still fall into the lesser category of "physical contact on a match official" and therefore not attract a 5 year ban. And rightly so in my option, for example someone who grabs the referee's red card shouldn't get the same suspension as someone who hits and knocks out the referee.

http://www.bedfordshirefa.com/~/med...tion-amendments-step-5-and-below-2017-18.ashx

Well, I witnesses a goalkeeper kick a prone player in the temple part of his head, His eyes were seriously not pointing in the same direction, I thought he was seriously dead as it was at full pace with extreme force and he only got 3 years!!! This was part of an 18 man brawl that i'd walked to the side whilst they got on with it..... Had I video'd the final assault, (one of many) then he would have faced prison!!! GBH, ABH call it what you like!!!

What they have to do to get 5 years is beyond me!!!! Pull on the refs new shiny kit maybe???

Well, I witnesses a goalkeeper kick a prone player in the temple part of his head, His eyes were seriously not pointing in the same direction, I thought he was seriously dead as it was at full pace with extreme force and he only got 3 years!!! This was part of an 18 man brawl that i'd walked to the side whilst they got on with it..... Had I video'd the final assault, (one of many) then he would have faced prison!!! GBH, ABH call it what you like!!!

What they have to do to get 5 years is beyond me!!!! Pull on the refs new shiny kit maybe???

Some people will always be incompetent and not follow standard directions properly. Crown Court judges are highly trained but that doesn't stop them from making ludicrously lenient judgements. CFA judicial members are trained but to a much lesser level, the difference is that their ludicrously lenient decisions don't get increased on appeal.

GOOD, about time the FA showed some gonads!!!
Yes, will they use them?

First EPL player to touch a referee / assistant, lets see if they get the 84 day ban! Any takers for bets, even Paddy Power won't offer odds on this!

Yes, will they use them?

First EPL player to touch a referee / assistant, lets see if they get the 84 day ban! Any takers for bets, even Paddy Power won't offer odds on this!

No, because the new policy only applies at step 5 and below. The PL and FL will continue to be a law unto themselves ...

The sooner they stop bowing to the Premier Dollar and act in the best interests of the Whole game the better. Good strong officiating and players behaving themselves or been published accordingly will soon filter down to the Dock and Duck!!

The sooner they stop bowing to the Premier Dollar and act in the best interests of the Whole game the better. Good strong officiating and players behaving themselves or been published accordingly will soon filter down to the Dock and Duck!!

Published - ? what are there names going to be in the national papers ?

Published, as in, it gets prominence in the national TV and papers that refs are in charge and not them!! Prima donnas or not they don't command what goes on!!

Back