A&H

StanHullis

Level 9 Referee
Hi all,

New to the site! Did my basic course nearly 2 years ago now but haven't gotten around to doing any games since.

Have wanted to get my 6 games done for a while but keep putting it off due to a lack of confidence but having read some of the threads on here over the last few weeks it has given me the confidence to get into the saddle. Need to get my 6 games out of the way before diving straight into OA football as the pay is better and I can't really abide the parents of the youth footballers!

Anyway thank you to all those of you who have posted threads and topics that have helped me without you knowing!

SH

The Referee Store
First of all, welcome mate :)

Sorry to start you off with a possible downer but I think that you have to get your 6 games in within 1 year of doing the course. That is what I was told anyway so to start refing you will need to give your RDO a ring and just check this :(

I hope you do decided to take it up, it is a great thing to do and you'll soon get the "buzz" for it and might never stop :)

No worries HullRef.

Spoke to the RDO and he just said crack on and get some games under my belt! Got a few busy weekends lined up but hoping to referee my first game on the 3rd/10th October. Got myself all the gear I need just need to crack on with it now.

I'll echo what @Supermonkey said. Welcome to the site. Let us know how you get on. Don't be shy to ask any questions

No worries HullRef.

Spoke to the RDO and he just said crack on and get some games under my belt! Got a few busy weekends lined up but hoping to referee my first game on the 3rd/10th October. Got myself all the gear I need just need to crack on with it now.
Great, glad to hear it :)

Back