A&H

piece of advice

jofusref

RefChat Addict
twice this week i have spoken to colleagues, and friends, who had watch issues prematch. 1, referee dressing room, ref takes his watch out of bag, fastens it strap breaks. 2 different referee puts on his all singing all dancing heart monitor puts it to sport mode, blank screen battery deader than a dead thing. fortunatly both these guys were switched on,carry3 watches so still able to be wearing 2 on the pitch
so of you think you have enough watches, no you dont lol

The Referee Store
Well yes, the first one I'll give you, you can't predict a strap breaking unless it's obviously worn.

However a flat battery in a HRM watch is just bad admin.

Because 99% of HRM watches are charged with some forms of USB cable either via an adaptor similar to an iPhone plug or directly through their computer.

They also have visible and possibly audible warnings that the battery needs charging.

If someone doesn't check the charge of their device before leaving for their match then they have no one to blame but themselves.

If you have a watch like a HRM and you intend to use it in a match then ch3cking the battery and charging if needed has to be part of your previous match preparation along with packing your bag etc.

I went to stick my watch on yesterday and all I got was a blank screen, was the first reffing watch I bought 6 years ago :(

Good job I have 2 backup watches!

Back