A&H

Polar v800

Conor Murphy

Level 5 Referee
sitting in work trying my best not to go on to amazon and by the polar v800 watch - although £250 is steap for a watch

what you guys think.. is this watch worth getting a grilling from the wife :)

The Referee Store
What do you want your watch to do, Conor?

I would like to track my fitness levels and distanced covered, also to have a nice gadget on my wrist lol

I use the Sony Smartwatch 3. £130 and it does all that. Its also android so you can use the Refcard app on it :)

The v800 is a good watch, the GPS is very accurate, and the Heart Rate Sensor doesn't seem to be too bad either, it's also water resistent so can be used for things like Triathlons etc. They have also updated the firmware on the watch so you no longer need to additional foot pod to keep track of your cadence when running.

Is it any good for football? No better than any other watch or indeed a cheap Argos one. I wear mine a secondary watch that always counts up. Mainly because I like to keep track of distance and speed etc.

It also has Gorrila glass on the screen so should be fairly scratch/damage resistant, though I'd recommend trying to avoid getting hit by the ball.

I'm not sure it's woth the money just for football, but if you're big into running, cycling, triathlon etc and need somethign that is going to accurately record your performance then I'd say it's worth the money.

that's the thing it will only be for the football pitch - im thinking of just buying to normal stop watches for the moment -

I have also read that the android app for polar is awful :(

Back