A&H

Promotion 17/18

so here's a question to our esteemed observers in this forum, and I know we've touched on this in a different post. Would anyone of you be generous enough to share with us the latest FA observers handbook?
I know what a level 4 will be marked upon and yes i found the previous FA assessor handbook (2013 version), so i guess i have a rough idea of what my observer will be looking for. But please any tips/advice or even the holy grail (the new FA Observers Handbook) will be greatly appreciated!!

No it's a secret!
Check wikileeks, they may have a copy.

The Referee Store
so here's a question to our esteemed observers in this forum, and I know we've touched on this in a different post. Would anyone of you be generous enough to share with us the latest FA observers handbook?
I know what a level 4 will be marked upon and yes i found the previous FA assessor handbook (2013 version), so i guess i have a rough idea of what my observer will be looking for. But please any tips/advice or even the holy grail (the new FA Observers Handbook) will be greatly appreciated!!
Be careful what you wish for

On the L4 path now, first observation this weekend a local feisty derby! Should be fun :bite::bite::bite:

I still don't see how CFAs can observer 5-4 candidates yet - the FA haven't even announced what the criteria will be for 5-4, and last year didn't until August.

Feedback is a gift. I'd prefer to have Observers on _all_ of my games if it was possible. You should always be putting in your best possible performance, and not changing anything. You never know who is at the game, or who might watch highlights on YouTube at a later date! (This latter point has ended up in suspensions for referees before...)

Absolutely, you should always assume that someone is watching you. First impressions last, and even if you aren't being observed that person who has watched you stand in the centre circle for 90 minutes may well at a later stage in your career be deciding on your promotion, appointments to cup finals, etc.

Will always remember one Sunday where at a ground where one league has a dedicated changing room for their referees. We were all in there when a county cup referee asked if he could join us so we of course said yes. Of the 10 league referees in there that day 4 were members of the CFA Referees' Committee, so you can imagine the audible gasps when our guest pulled out a bright yellow shirt. After a minute or so of silence, and jaws being picked up from the floor, he then announces something like "think I'll wear black today" ..!

We can't, as we don't know what they are yet. There's been since the new 7-6 and 6-5 forms came in that 5-4 observations would change to the same system, but that hasn't happened yet. It could however happen in the spring or summer, which as per my other post means CFAs are taking a risk in assuming they won't change.

Sorry, Ross. That is the first draft and out of date already....

Since we are now in the season - I will PM @Ross with the current version, so he can load into the resources section.
Send me one because that's the same as the version Alan Wilkie sent me a few weeks ago ;)

But isn't that for candidates who are already at level 4 anyway, not those who are currently at L5 wanting to get to L4?

But isn't that for candidates who are already at level 4 anyway, not those who are currently at L5 wanting to get to L4?
Previously I was told to use existing L4 criteria and decide if the candidate displayed those competencies. If they demonstrated half, they got above the standard 7 on the basis that you couldn't expect them to be the finished article.

Previously I was told to use existing L4 criteria and decide if the candidate displayed those competencies. If they demonstrated half, they got above the standard 7 on the basis that you couldn't expect them to be the finished article.
That makes sense. Thanks a lot guys for the resources and for the clarifications... fingers crossed all goes well today!

Been accepted for my first promotion season ... 7-6, woop woop!

enquired about the 7-5 double jump but the chairman of my society and other committee members expressed their disapproval of the double jump system

Eagerly anticipating my first observation report of the season.... should be in either tonight or tomorrow :bite::bite::bite::bite:

Back