Refsworld UK

Promotion 17/18

Discussion in 'Assessments' started by UKColt, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Charlie Jones

Charlie Jones Work Until You Don't Have To Introduce Yourself Level 7 Referee

County FA/Organisation:
    Essex FA
    aye I also got told that if you are maybe around the 16/17 game mark but marks are good then you can be sailed through to level 6 ... much easier to do the 6-5 with games IMO

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Refsworld UK Advertisement Refsworld UK

Refsworld UK
  4. UKColt

UKColt Member Level 7 Referee

County FA/Organisation:
    London
    Yeah, the toughest part is the 7-6 because of when most seasons begin & end.

There are 21 weekends between 1st October - 28th February, so you can do one middle a week and get to 20 in the 6-5 part.

Charlie Jones likes this.
  5. James Long

James Long Well-Known Member Level 5 Referee

County FA/Organisation:
    Cheshire
    April/May are good for getting games in as, certainly round here, there are midweek games to get on to.
    Although for 5-4 this year they arent going to count so much as they have set a min 15 on a Saturday.
    Weather wont have helped meaning there will be less to get through

UKColt likes this.
  6. WilliamD

WilliamD Active Member Level 7 Referee

County FA/Organisation:
    Surrey FA
    Hi all - my first observation (7-6) is this Saturday. Also my first game on that league (it's a preferred league for observation so we are encouraged to join it).

Would you believe I'm most worried about equipment/jewellery checks. This is park football and obviously I'm not checking with NARa as they come out of imaginary changing rooms. There are players arriving at all times, changing on the side of the pitch 3 mins before the match etc. Normally the teams are huddled before the match and I go over and introduce myself and do a check but it's not formally organised in a line up etc...do you think the observer will be looking for something a bit more organised and "official" or can I expect a tolerance for the park?

7. CA

CA Well-Known Member Level 4 Referee

As long as you check the player's equipment, that'll be fine. The observer will understand and appreciate that you're not able to do it beforehand.

I would get the players to line up and take your time to make sure the observer spots you checking the equipment though.

Russell Jones and WilliamD like this.