A&H

Promotion to L5

TheFoodieReferee

Level 5 Referee
So just got my promotion to levl 6 last week and I've just had a phone call to say I'm getting observed on Saturdays game for my second game as a L6.

Anyone got any tips or inside info to help out on what to expect or if it is, indeed, any different from the L7-6 observations?

TIA
Ross

The Referee Store
So just got my promotion to levl 6 last week and I've just had a phone call to say I'm getting observed on Saturdays game for my second game as a L6.

Anyone got any tips or inside info to help out on what to expect or if it is, indeed, any different from the L7-6 observations?

TIA
Ross
There's no difference WRT the Assessment Report Form. Naturally, the Match Day Coach ought to have a slightly higher expectation in terms of your performance. Some advice ought to prepare you for the 'next level', depending on how far down the promotion path you intend to go

The "marking" criteria are the same as Level 7 to 6.
Read the reporting form, familiarise yourself with what boxes you need to tick and then go out and endeavour to tick all of em. 😉
Guard against complacency with stuff you can control such as player injury procedure, correct substitution procedure etc.
Above all, strive to make whoever is watching you think "Wow, this person really wants to be promoted to the next level". 😉🙂👍

TIA
Ross
6-5 Match Coach report form

You will need to download from the Resources section of the website, but there are couple of different areas to mark/comment on.

Thank you all so much for the feedback and advice! Will get it reviewed and start thinking of the boxes that need ticking and, just in case, give my boots a good polish tonight ;)

Reactions: Kes
Thank you all so much for the feedback and advice! Will get it reviewed and start thinking of the boxes that need ticking and, just in case, give my boots a good polish tonight ;)
Totally the right attitude mate.
Unlike the young gentleman I did a 6-5 report on 2 weeks ago who clearly thought all he had to do was turn up ... 😉

Best of luck with it - but by the sounds of it you'll be fine. 🙂👍

Unlike the young gentleman I did a 6-5 report on 2 weeks ago who clearly thought all he had to do was turn up ... 😉
Most likely still waltz towards L5 these days though!?
Hopefully not, but that's the concern

Totally the right attitude mate.

Best of luck with it - but by the sounds of it you'll be fine. 🙂👍
Thank you so much.

Unfortunately, I had a good game, however, long ball from one box to the other after a penalty claim that wasn't given, back turned to follow the ball and missed a kick out by one of the away players which should've been a straight red for VC. However, caught the immediate aftermath and got the yellows out. Just gutted I missed the VC moment :(

TIA
Ross
Well done on your promotion. Just wondering how you found the two 7-6 online learning modules?

We have only just had our dates released for the online development session which is a online group learning session on confidence kit bag and a confident referee.

Back