A&H

Provisional Appointments

SWRef

I've been given a provisional appointment on Boxing Day, when I'm unavailable. I should have amended MOAS beforehand but had assumed fixtures wouldn't be assigned until later this month. I now can't amend the date as it 'clashes with a prior appointment'. Any ideas?

The Referee Store
I've been given a provisional appointment on Boxing Day, when I'm unavailable. I should have amended MOAS beforehand but had assumed fixtures wouldn't be assigned until later this month. I now can't amend the date as it 'clashes with a prior appointment'. Any ideas?
Boxing day and new years day appointments are generally done a fair bit in advance, as they are full fixture lists with fewer available officials. If this was an FA appointment, you will have received emails earlier in the year asking you to close these dates if not available.

All you can do is email the appointments officer to say that you are very very sorry, but you won't be available.......

It can be difficult, but you need to try and keep your calendar a month and a half to 2 months up to date in advance. With work and general life it can be hard. But if you want to climb the ladder, it's part and parcel of it.

You have to ring Chris Kay (step 3/4) and advise them you aren't available. Assuming you are level 4?

Be prepared for a tough conversation as to why your date isn't closed if not available. We had an email reminding us of when the cut off was and asking everyone to double check their dates in case bank holiday closed when available.
it can be difficult, but you need to try and keep your calendar a month and a half to 2 months up to date in advance. With work and general life it can be hard. But if you want to climb the ladder, it's part and parcel of it.
The rules have always been that once the next month's appointment come out, usually between 20th-23rd of the current month you have to close the following month.

E.g. appointments for September released on 20th August.
By 23rd August (assume all working days) would need to have closed October.

Any dates closer after this time have to be rung through to the appointments officer.

As November appointments have been released Dec should have been done by the 25th October.

The rules have always been that once the next month's appointment come out, usually between 20th-23rd of the current month you have to close the following month.

E.g. appointments for September released on 20th August.
By 23rd August (assume all working days) would need to have closed October.

Any dates closer after this time have to be rung through to the appointments officer.

As November appointments have been released Dec should have been done by the 25th October.
Aye I know. I was just trying to simplify it a bit 😁

Aye I know. I was just trying to simplify it a bit 😁
No worries, I wasnt necessarily arguing with your post, but it seemed a good fit to point out what the rules/expectations at this level are, and how seriously it is taken. I know you know, was more for benefit of OP.

The FA have always done this, leads to a very difficult discussion if you haven't closed Boxing Day and get a provisional game. You won't do it more than once 😂

Back