A&H

Quickest Penalty Award

The Referee Store
I have had one within the first 30s, but I think yours is slightly faster.
Should have been a red for DOGSO too, but I chickened out being U/12 (wrong decision).

No idea but I did award one after a foul in the penalty area on the first attack of the game. Usual complaints from defenders (apparently in the first couple of minutes you can foul all you like because it's the first couple of minutes). Didn't look at my watch until the ball hit the net but it said 54 seconds.

I had a red card faster than that, but it was a free kick not a penalty. Ball went back to centre half from kick off via a few passes, he mis controlled it, attacker took it off him and he hauled him to the ground. He wasn't happy ... :)

I had a penalty award in the last second of the 6th minute of stoppage time in a techy Grunt v Grunt game last season. A home Player physically fell on the ball and cuddled it and wouldn't let go!!! :( A few fell about laughing on both sides as it had been 'the Alamo' for the last 2 minutes. post, crossbar, off the line, they hit the lot.. They were dead on their feet..... Not one appeal that it wasn't!! Very very funny!!!

Fastest penalty I have given was in the 3rd minute of an u12s match. Kid smashed it so high over the bar, had there been a 2nd goal onto top, it still wouldn't have gone in!

Fastest goal was 10 seconds into an u13s game, which became 2-0 after 90 seconds! :eek:

Back