A&H

Quiz....

The Referee Store
I'm pretty sure it was Uruguay who won the first FIFA world cup. So I assume SF is referring to some other world cup, quite possibly in a different sport.

I'm pretty sure it was Uruguay who won the first FIFA world cup. So I assume SF is referring to some other world cup, quite possibly in a different sport.
Quite possibly Trip doesn't know anything about History me thinks....He can thank me later when Mr Google schools him!!! Search away!!!

Well you found lots of other answers but the one i had in mind was Leyton Orient. They lost to...
Scunthorpe at Old Wembley
Blackpool at Millenium
Rotherham at New Wembley

One for the suvverners......There are going to be 10 railway stations within 2 miles of the Watford Ground..Name them all!

Watford Junction is the obvious one, as it's on the line I use to get into London. Watford High Street is another, with the Watford Underground station an obvious third. Watford North perhaps?

Vicarage Road Halt, Watford West and another one (I want to say Croxton but it's not) are no longer open - do they count?

The Metropolitan line is being extended, but the extra stations won't open until at least 2018, so I'll discount those.

Suspect Rickmansworth might also be on the list.

Edit: Bushey - although on third thoughts (second thoughts being the edit) that may be slightly over 2 miles.

What record did Crystal Palace equal on the weekend and who do they share the record with?
They won despite having no shots on target. Man United have done the same "trick" in the past but not sure this would constitute a record.

EDIT : And so have Sunderland as my Mackem colleague tells me.

Last edited:
What uniquely links these 7 teams?

1890/91: Everton
1901/02: Sunderland
1931/32: Everton
1980/81: Aston Villa
1994/95: Blackburn Rovers
2008/09: Manchester United
2015/16: Leicester City

A clue is they are all First Division/Premier League title winners in that respective year.

Back